need fuse info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need fuse info

Unfortunately my car has been broken into tonight. My passenger window was busted. Whoever did this cleaned out my glovebox, so no manual. Anyhow, I have no choice but to park my car outside until the morning. I would like to know which fuses I should pull to make the car not driveable. I was thinking fuel pump, ignition, etc. It's a 2000 dx. Obviously I will need a somewhat detailed description of what fuse does what, as I cannot look up fuse #11 in my (stolen) owner's manual at this point. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by sgood; 04-26-2004, 05:37 AM. Reason: No longer urgent

Just take your battery out.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

I have no tools (at college) and it's 3AM. Otherwise, Not a bad plan.

Comment

sux... well on a 1st gen the fuses are labled on the fuse box cover. There should also be a fuse box in the engine bay, those are the main fuses -- I would imagine they are labled also.
        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Originally posted by Marc93lx
          sux... well on a 1st gen the fuses are labled on the fuse box cover. There should also be a fuse box in the engine bay, those are the main fuses -- I would imagine they are labled also.
          Great tip! I was able to remove the main fuse. Turned the key, no start. Hopefully no ignition, and the fact that it's parked in front of the campus police station, should keep it there for the next few hours. That was so obvious, but I would not have thought to look under the cover.

Retrospectively, I probably should have grabbed all the fuses and asked later, but I was concerned about getting them back in right with no manual.

Thanks again bro! Your advice will make me sleep easier on what has not been a terrific night.

Comment

Working...
          X