Buying 97 Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying 97 Pro

There is a lady at my work selling her protege. It is a 1997 DX protege and has 157,000 miles on it. Do yall think that is a good deal. Just trying to get some opinions.

Matters on price
    Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

Do we think what is a good deal?

Comment

sorry..shes selling it for 1500 but im sure she will sell it for 1300..im wanting to swap it anyways so mileage doesent matter..and the body is in perfect condition

Comment

The price is right, thought definately negotiable. However, where is the car from? It does not say where you are from in your avatar. So, if the car is from Northern part of the country, I would not get it. Winters do a hell of a damage to cars here in North East. Also, if she has 150+K miles on it, I bet most of them are highway miles. I know that because my 97 only has 80K, and I did plenty of highway driving on it. Take it for a drive, stop by a shop for a quick inspection, and see what you might be told.
          "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Well, for $1500 + a swap, I'd say gor for it.

Comment

If your starting off. Just buy a faster car.
              Way less headachs. (excuse my spelling as it sucks right now)

Save your money and get either a 323 and do a BP swap, or just save and buy a 2nd gen ES. You can get a ES 2nd gen for about a grand more or so. You would have a lot less hedaches. (damn my spelling)
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
              X