painting hubcaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

painting hubcaps

i bought some good ol' generic hubcaps from target for like 15bucks a while back. they're actually pretty neat looking. anyways, i wanna paint them a gunmetalish color, something dark. anyone know of a good paint to use? also, what kind of "prep" should i do so i make sure the paint stays on and looks good.
    '04 altima 2.5s sonoma sunset

Nismo CAI
    18" ASA AR1's wrapped in Dunlop Direzza 225/45WR18

my guess would be to sand, prime, spray.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

dude, hubcaps never look good. just take em off and run steelies.
      a.k.a. benf000

support your local punk rock scene!

Comment

the only prob with the sanding is, if you sand too hard you will mess up the hubcap, you need a fine fine, sand paper, and just rough it up, clean it really good, then prime it good, and paint it. any spray paint will do.
        .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
        225.94wtq
        torque monster!!!!
        dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
        http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
        http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

buy rims

Comment

Make sure the surface is smooth and clean...and use multiple coats of your choice of spraypaint. Let the paint dry between coats. The end result will be very nice.
            Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

and try to keep them subtle...we dont want ppl thinking mazda drivers are ricers

Comment

wow, speaking of ghetto...

i saw some dude up at pep boys last night (last minute nopi run for fuses) putting on his phat new SPINNER HUBCAPS.

completely ****ing ghey. i wanted to walk up to him and just kick the **** out of him, then nurture him back to health in the RIGHT ****ING WAY.

people, anything other than stock hubcaps suck ass. they are tacky as **** and no one thinks they are cool.

and that includes: the "race look" 5 stars, the "17 inch converters" and the "ghetto chrome spinners"

buy some rims. don't waste time or money on hubcaps.

sorry if that seemed harsh, but it gripes my last nerve. keep in mind this is my own honest opinion.
                Last edited by benzero; 09-19-2003, 08:08 AM.
                a.k.a. benf000

Comment

I take exception to hat remark... and this whole thread for that matter. I hate that I have hubcaps, but they at least look less ghetto than steelies...
                  ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLastMarauder
                    I take exception to hat remark... and this whole thread for that matter. I hate that I have hubcaps, but they at least look less ghetto than steelies...

and as for benzero, you got money to buy rims for me? i'm in college and working part time, i have no money for rims. so if you wanna spot me some, that'd be cool. otherwise lay off.
                    '04 altima 2.5s sonoma sunset

Nismo CAI
                    18" ASA AR1's wrapped in Dunlop Direzza 225/45WR18

Comment

not to be an asshole, but im in college. i work full time and pay for all my stuff. i save. i was just stating my honest opinion that hubcaps on a souped up import look silly to me. rims should be the first investment into hooking up a car. no offense to anyone without rims was meant.
                      a.k.a. benf000

Comment

yeah man you can get rims for cheap, i have honda delsol rims on my car, yeah they are not racing rims, but they look subtle, and stock. thats what i wanted.
                        .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                        225.94wtq
                        torque monster!!!!
                        dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                        http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                        http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Working...
                        X