What a Deal!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a Deal!!!!

I just bought a 91 Pro LX for$350.00, run, all power, 1.8 DOHC 5 speed, all power and sunroof, good body ugly blue interior though, I am very pleased,

1 BAD THING

it has a bad cylinder (he said it was a dead cylinder) Figure it can be fixed

just wanted to share, and see if anyone might have a suggestion of what to do.
    Probably going to call my mechanic and see if he can quote me a price.....

DaPro
    94 Protege DX SOHC 1.8l 5 Speed
    (DaPro)

its better to wait and save then to waste money on crap to get you by....

no suggestions, just wanted to congratulate you on your find and good luck with fixing it... keep us all posted!
    Jacob

Comment

A dead cylinder is not easy to fix, and is quite costly. Good luck, man... The rest looks good though. Congrats!

Comment

by ugle blue, you mean the blue with the purple and gray streaks in the middle of the seat?
        Serenity's Dead.

Comment

ya the strips are in the door panels as well, I talked to my mechanic and he told me he would complete the dead cylinder for $250.00, it moves pretty good once you get started, but it is slugish....prob have it fixed this week........
          (DaPro)

Comment

Whaaat? $250? Where at?

Comment

theres no possible way to know why that cylinder is dead without scoping it first for a cracked piston, or possibly tearing the bottom end of the motor apart, in any case thats what i usually charge about that to rip apart the bottom end of a car, with the motor already out. its another 250 to R and R the motor, so stick with that guy, hes giving you a hell of a deal.
              According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Here are the pics i just snapped when I picked up the car this morning...the title is from MN, so that explains the corrosion...But I am satisfied for $350.00

(DaPro)

Comment

You got a great deal on the car. The engine compartment definately needs a good cleaning though
                  -------------------------
                  '91 LX
                  '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
                  -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
                  well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

with a little more inspection in the glove box I have found that both set belt motors are new, the tires are three month old, look new....new brakes and 4 wheel discs.....this was surprising due to me owning a DX...the brake pad are hardly used as well....the previous owners kept all receipts and just before they took a trip down here from MN they had new brakes, tires, and oil done....so i have to agree that $350.00 is a hella deal......

DaPro
                    (DaPro)

Comment

Working...
                    X