Mazda? why not a Honda?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mazda? why not a Honda?

That's the question i had to deal with everytime I see my friends when i first got my 323...

In my "personal" opinion I'd say Honda 88-00 has a perfect body, motor and suspension especially when upgraded. From cr-x to gsr they all look and function great. Ever wonder why there's more Honda tuned cars than any other Makes out there?

But here's a couple of reason why I moved to Mazda.
    (this is comparing my 323 to a 93 civic hatch w/ ls swap)

Honda civic, U see them everywhere and most of them have the same style. Same kit, same motor, same rims they all look the same...And when u pop the hood u wont be surprise if u see a DOHC under there.
    Unlike my 323, its very rare u see people would know that i have a 1.8 DOHC under the hood. So, they get surprise when i pop my hood and have no i deal wut a bp motor is capable off until i look at them from my side mirror.

Civic hatch is atleast 2 g's and thats not a good condition plus u have to get a motor for another 2 gran for a ls swap.Thats 4 gran total. So, wut happend if u blow the ls motor? well, save up for another gran or 2 to get the ls motor.

323 hatch $500-$1300. I got mine for $850 and look at my 323's condition. $300 for the bp and $100 for the ecu. Thats $400 but if ur lucky to find a bp motor (which is everywhere at my local j/y) and they're haveing a 50% off u get all this for $200. So, wut happen if u blow ur bp motor? Then get another one for $150. U see less than 2 gran including the car u can beat a civic w/ LS swap.

2 days after i sold my 92 civic hatch for $4,500. I bought this 323. I parked it at my driveway and stared at it for 20 mins. My girl came out of the house and asked me wut the hell am i doing? I told her wut the hell was i thinking selling my civic for this 323.

Then the swap came... I was killing honda's right and left not just SOHC but DOHC VTEC's too, v6 accord etc...
    I was able to save up some $$$ to change the looks of my 323 to wut u see now.
    My friends now are jocking my car for its looks and speed. One of my friend even said," damn! i dont expect this car to look this clean and go this fast" thats' wut my friend w/ a 93 gsr i/h/ex. that i smoked 1 1/2 car length away from my rear bumper...

umm...i think thats all i have to say. Thx for reading. any comment is appreciated peace!

w3rd. Im currently looking to buy a 323 to swap my GTX into. It's gonna be sweet.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

not to be a dick dude, but you say you beat a 93 GSR with i/h/e by 1.5 car lengths....there's just no way if the drivers are equally matched. He'd have to miss a shift pretty bad. The GSR stock is 170hp at the crank...

Comment

mazdaracer , you have to drive the 323 with a BP in it. It is a totally different ball game than a protege with a BP.
        In all honesty my 323 with the BP could beat my 4 door protege with the BP by at least 1 to 1.5 car lenghts. and the protege has a better clutch.
        It's really one of those things that you don't believe untill you frigin drive it. Plus the 323 has so much down low grunt that by time the intergra gets up into the hp range, your frigin gone.

I only want to get a better exhaust manifold, or a 4 to 1 headers ( me and 1ofdfew have been talking about this). We need more top end.
        I let a civic friend of mine drive me 323 and he couldn't believe how quick the car was and he is a turbo head. He swore the 1st gear fealt like it was on boost. I also took Adam for a drive and he was frigin amazded ( that was funny lol) .

Trust me I didn't believe 100% that 1ofdfew was taking out all those cars in his sig, but trust me I really do believe he frigin did. After fealing my 323. ohh man.
        I just want the F flywheel in there with a grippy clutch and it's tourqe steer owns you...

--------------------------
        on another note. People used to look at my 323 when it was 100% stock and say why the hell do you want to hook that up for. Just drive it stock and that's it. But after I droped it and put the motor swap in it and people saw how fast it is. People just can't frigin believe and they love it to death (hence the alarm with pager).
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Good stuff. I love your 323...
          Man I want you to show me where I can get a BP for $200 in the Bay Area!!! You biznatch!

Comment

Yeah... I think there are too many Civics in San Jose... lol.
            2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
              Good stuff. I love your 323...
              Man I want you to show me where I can get a BP for $200 in the Bay Area!!! You biznatch!
              http://picknpull.com/
              2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                I also took Adam for a drive and he was frigin amazded ( that was funny lol) .
                Man, unless you own a 323 with a BP swap or have ridden in one, you won't understand. Almost made me wanna get a 323 and do the swap, I can only imagine what a true GTR would feel like........
                1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
                MODS:
                GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
                TO DO LIST:
                EDM/JDM rear bumper
                EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
                Repaint car

Comment

Hondas are boring and WAAAAAY to out played already. I swear every one and the ****ing dog's cousin have a honda. Im soo sick of going to te track or car shows and seeing 3000 hondas, all with basically the same stuff. Damn people, lets be original, not a lemming. Don't get me wrong tho, hondas when done right can be serious street machines. THey are just all to common now. That's why I got my mazda. I didnt want to be like everyone else. All my friends are honda owners, and I used to own 2 crx's 1 w/ a turbo b16 and the other with a sprayed d15. They are cool cars, just not for me. I like to be the odd man out, with the car that everyone looks and says..."what the **** is that thing." Just makes me all more into modding and making my car faster. And its funny when people say, what is that ugly 4 door that just smoked me.....priceless!!
                  Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
                    not to be a dick dude, but you say you beat a 93 GSR with i/h/e by 1.5 car lengths....there's just no way if the drivers are equally matched. He'd have to miss a shift pretty bad. The GSR stock is 170hp at the crank...

No u aint being a dick. who would believe me if i went to a guy with 170hp that has added more ponies w/ his i/h/ex. and tell i'll smoke his ass w/ my 125 hp?
                    NOONE would believe me until i let u drive my ****!

i know i cant drive my car yet im still learning it. The guy w/ the ls hatch was running 15.00-15.01 at the time and i killed him 3 times. On our 3rd run he drove my 323 and i drove his and he smoked me on my 323. Its really weird cuz i can beat him and his running 15.0-15.1 but i can only hang on my friends gsr at his tail and he's only running 14.9. weird eh?

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
                      Hondas are boring and WAAAAAY to out played already. I swear every one and the ****ing dog's cousin have a honda. Im soo sick of going to te track or car shows and seeing 3000 hondas, all with basically the same stuff. Damn people, lets be original, not a lemming. Don't get me wrong tho, hondas when done right can be serious street machines. THey are just all to common now. That's why I got my mazda. I didnt want to be like everyone else. All my friends are honda owners, and I used to own 2 crx's 1 w/ a turbo b16 and the other with a sprayed d15. They are cool cars, just not for me. I like to be the odd man out, with the car that everyone looks and says..."what the **** is that thing." Just makes me all more into modding and making my car faster. And its funny when people say, what is that ugly 4 door that just smoked me.....priceless!!
                      thats wut im saying....from where i live there's probably me and the red 323 w/ gt-r motor thats running around this city. I haven't seen him but someday i will. i just hope when that time comes i'll have my NOS to back me up (hehehe)...

Comment

ha, i think your gonna need more than nitrous (NOS is a company) to hang with a GTR 323.
                        Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
                          ha, i think your gonna need more than nitrous (NOS is a company) to hang with a GTR 323.
                          NOS= i have 2 sets of NOS (nitrous oxide system) at home 1 dry single fogger and 1 direct port wet system that i use to have on my 2 civics.

u maybe right but until i get a chance to race him noone will know...

Comment

are u really gonna run a dry system and a wet system?? Whats the point? Just get a bigger nozzle for your wet system? Your bound to ruin something by runnin both.
                            Eat ****.

Comment

Yo 1ofdfew323...what tranny are you using in your BP 323? the stock F-series or the BP g-series?

As for the topic, I bought my Protege b/c I was getting pissed at not being able to find a CRX in good condition. I later realized how played out all of the hondas were and was glad I got my mazda instead. Now, with my MX3, I like being able to go fast and out handle most of the jackass honduh drivers on the road. I've even had some of them ask me "what model honda is that", since I completely debadged my car.....morons.
                              93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                              02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                              05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Working...
                              X