-muffler-?'s-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-muffler-?'s-

i have a bunch of questions i need answered...i have a 98 es which has 1.8l and i want to get a new muffler.my car is quite and i want to make it louder but not so loud it sounds like a weedwacker.it has a pre silencer before the actually muffler.i figured the bigger engine might sound good with a aftermarket one plus it would free up some airflow..i was thinking about the apexi n1.ebay has knockoffs cheap,anybody bought one?will the straight through design lower my h.p. and torque?is it basically like having no muffler at all,straight pipe?will it lower the backpressure?i was told lowering the backpressure could damage the valves,is this true?i would have to cut off the hangers and weld them on the new muffler.i know i won't gain any h.p but i just want it to sound better.

By adding a new muffler, I seriously doubt you will lower back pressure lol. If you go to different size exhaust piping, now that will lower back pressure. A muffler really won't don't **** lol. All you'll notice is probably a sound difference. No type of performance. You can either buy the expensive MazdaSpeed Catback exhaust.. and I do mean expensive, or you can look at getting one custom made. Essential Speed is creating a catback exhaust for the 1.5l and the 1.8l. It may be the same for all i know... but if it wasn't, then it wouldn't be a problem for a local exhaust shop to make work.
    Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

---

thanks for your info.this guy at the exhaust shop was telling me all that stuff.i wasn't sure so i figured i'd ask.

Comment

Working...
      X