need help again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help again...

hey everyone... well im right, everytime i do something nice for my car something breaks. when i got my intake it fell off and i had to walk home(my fault lol). when i got my exhaust my windshield got broken. today i put my system in and when i pulled away i heard a pop. it was somewhere on the front drivers side underneath my feet. didnt think much of it... was driving and when i hit the breaks i almost lost control the car was wobbling so bad. i pulled over and me and my friend got out and looked at the tires, springs and underneath the car but didnt see anything. the car is pulling left now, when i hit the brakes it goes left real bad. i looked in my haynes manual under trouble shooting and heres what i got.

suspension and steering systems:

erratic steering when braking.......76
    1)wheel bearings worn
    2)broken or sagging springs
    3)leaking wheel cylinder or caliper
    4)warped rotors or drums

wander or poor steering stability...75
    1)mismatched or uneven tires
    2)lack or lubrication at balljoints and tie-rod ends
    3)worn strut assemblies
    4)loose stabilizer bar
    5)broken or sagging springs
    6)wheels out of alignments

looks like it would be the springs but i went out and looked at them a few minutes ago and they look the same. i just had an alignment last month. my friends dad said that it might be the stabilizer bar... he didnt look at it or see the car but he said thats what it sounds like and its in the troubleshooting. just got new tires front tires 2-3 weeks ago, rear in december. not sure on the rotors, i looked at them... didnt see anything. dont see anything leaking. any ideas anyone? if you need more info ill try and give it to you.... thanks again

vehicle pulls to one side:
    1)mismatched or uneven tires
    2)broked or sagging springs
    3)wheel alignment out-of-specifications
    4)front brake dragging

i thought it was the brakes at first because it happens so bad when i hit the brakes... but then what could the clunk under my foot be?

Comment

tie rod mabey?

Comment

well im getting it checked out tommorow... any ideas?

Comment

look at the axle it may be cracked or broken.....just my 2cents......
          91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.