what is that noise!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is that noise!??

Hey everyone. I've noticed lately that whenever i am making a right turn, I get a horrible scraping sound coming from the left front wheel. It's hard to describe the sound; it's a scraping or grinding sound. It's definately something rubbing, cause the faster i'm turning, the worse it gets. Anyone ever had anything like this? What could be rubbing?

Thanks.
    94 Protege DX. Custom Intake. Kartboy Short Shifter. Grant GT Steering wheel. Shift knob and boot. Autometer tachometer and air/fuel ratio gauge. Eibach Pro-Kit and Tokico ZX2 Struts. Fog lights. Assorted neon lights. Rebuilt motor.

Originally posted by greenlantern94
    Hey everyone. I've noticed lately that whenever i am making a right turn, I get a horrible scraping sound coming from the left front wheel. It's hard to describe the sound; it's a scraping or grinding sound. It's definately something rubbing, cause the faster i'm turning, the worse it gets. Anyone ever had anything like this? What could be rubbing?

Thanks.
    its not a cv joitn because theres no clicking right?? as far as grinding.. it could be your dust sheild scraping.. try bending it back some.. or it could be your wheel bearign starting to go
    Pewter Silver 92 DX 5 Spd 1.8L SOHC
    -Stainless steel MagnaFlow exhaust with a double walled tip.
    -205/50/15 Bridgestone Potenza RE910 rubber
    -B&M Short Throw Shifter
    -MX-3 GS front seats
    -Front an Rear upper strut braces

(LOOKING FOR A CAI FOR MY SOHC !!!!)
    (GT-X on the way as I type)

Comment

hmm dust shield, that sounds right. i'll get in there this weekend and check it out. i don't think it's a wheel bearing, i've heard bad wheel bearings before, it's not that. and the cv shafts aren't clicking, i know that sound too. thanks, vormav.

anyone else?
      94 Protege DX. Custom Intake. Kartboy Short Shifter. Grant GT Steering wheel. Shift knob and boot. Autometer tachometer and air/fuel ratio gauge. Eibach Pro-Kit and Tokico ZX2 Struts. Fog lights. Assorted neon lights. Rebuilt motor.

Comment

If you havent even looked why'd you ask? Usually a rubbing is pretty obvious.
        94' Mazda Protege'... trying to return it to former glory.

aim: zep867

Comment

Working...
        X