Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

INTENSE Performance, the name doesn't fit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INTENSE Performance, the name doesn't fit.

How can you have a car club/online board called intense performance and have people autocrossing their cars? Autocrossing is the single most intense form of automotive racing you can do with your car legally or otherwise. Come on out and go racing.

Anyone interested in going or watching please reply. Thank you. The only way to keep the sport going is to get new blood interested.
    Doug Quara Jr. "DJ"
    Zoom- Zoom

i think you mean 'have people NOT autocrossing their cars'

yes i totally agree, autocross is a great (and safe!) way to test out your car and see what it can really do when the corners start getting tight!

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

Sounds like fun but I know nothing about it. I'll try anything once unless some jackass is going to slam me into a large mass of unmovable __________ ! (fill in the blank) I would like to find out more about said type of automobile racing.

Tony
      Tony
      Intense Performance
      Mazda Club
      of South Florida

www.ipmcsfl.com
      www.responsenegative.com
      www.cystband.com

I'm happy because Dima speeds, which makes him happy. He seems to be happy only when speeding, which makes me happy. And when I'm happy people around me are able to live another day. If you are alive right now, you should thank Dima.

Comment

Originally posted by MX-5Racer
        How can you have a car club/online board called intense performance and have people autocrossing their cars? Autocrossing is the single most intense form of automotive racing you can do with your car legally or otherwise. Come on out and go racing.

Anyone interested in going or watching please reply. Thank you. The only way to keep the sport going is to get new blood interested.
        how can you call yourself mazda/racing enthusiast if you never come to any meets to talk to and and hang out with mazda owners and tell them about the fun of autocrossing in person?
        <B>Dima</B>
        Intense Performance
        South Florida Mazda Club

<a href="http://www.ipmcsfl.com">http://www.ipmcsfl.com</a>

http://streamlounge.blogspot.com/

2002 Protege5 2.0L Zoom Car
        1987 Mustang 2.3Lx Pony Car

"Never **** with Mother Nature,
        Mother Law and Mother Phreaking
        Ukrainians" - Skinny Pete - 'Italian Job'

"Скорость ето страсть...Скорость ето жизнь..." - Мираж

Comment

[b]yeah! What Dima Said
          Tony
          Intense Performance
          Mazda Club
          of South Florida

www.ipmcsfl.com
          www.responsenegative.com
          www.cystband.com

I'm happy because Dima speeds, which makes him happy. He seems to be happy only when speeding, which makes me happy. And when I'm happy people around me are able to live another day. If you are alive right now, you should thank Dima.

Comment

whatever your opinion is of the name will not influence what they choose to call their club
            Sagaris

Comment

I maintain that rally is the most intense form of racing, but I'd never do that with my car.
              Ryan

Thinking of getting an MSP?...check out the PROS & CONS
              Want an IC sprayer for your MSP?...make your own for under $10

Forge Motorsport
              42 Draft Designs

Comment

autocrossing can get pretty intense mentally, you can easily psych yourself out and get lost in the sea of cones and look like a n00b

i've already began introducing autox to the local Protege guys/gals in my area, and so far everyone that i've introduced it to are addicted and can't wait for the next event

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

Yeah, I agree, sanctioned racing is a lot of fun. But if you don't go to meets, you should. I've worked a lot in the California Protege club and there are some people who always have some input to say on the forums, but they never even go to a meet. In fact we had one guy who had a lot to say about Protegefest and his ideas about it (the largest meet yet) and didn't even show. So........ just wanted to share that titbit.
                  2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

I stand with what Dima,Tony,an Ryan said . Yea what they said lol haha

Buddy Bobby
                    03 White Protege ES

http://www.ipmcsfl.com
                    Intense Performance
                    South Florida Mazda Club

Comment

Well I am glad to see there are some people out there. My comments were only put out there to get the subject talked about. I did not mean to offend anyone, just trying to make a point.

I would love to come out to some of the meets, except that I work nights. Friday nights are usually my latest (midnight). If you guys would have a meet on a monday or sunday night, I might be able to attend.

Anyone who might want to go this sunday you can get more info. at:
                      Doug Quara Jr. "DJ"
                      Zoom- Zoom

Comment

I WILL auto-x my car. I just don't have the money for it until I figure out what I will be doing for work. But I bought my mazda for solo II.

Comment

man your not offending anyone. ITs an interesting name I agree but its not going to change. welcome to the site.
                          Sagaris

Comment

Working...
                          X