im stopping all production on my protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im stopping all production on my protege

heres the deal. im going to buy a 323 instead. my ??? is besides the obvious dohc engine and trans that im taking from the protege, can i also use the guage cluster,springs,shifter,front strut brace,my new axles, and my prm intake? will my door motors and regulators work.if so which do i use? and how hard will it be to make them power? also if someone can give me a list of every part im going to need from the lx to do the swap. god i cant wait. maybe 2 or 3 months.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

good choick ask bruce about this swap, he knows it best.
    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
    225.94wtq
    torque monster!!!!
    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

I have talked with a few other 323 owners and this is the list that I have come up with so far:

Engine
      Tranny
      Axels
      ECU
      Harness (or just add the 2 wires for VICS to the existing 323 harness)
      speedo cable (the 1.6 one is physically longer)

those I know for sure. Now I think that there was some mention of the rear tranny mount I gotta look for my list somewhere.

As THEGOLDPRO said, ask Bruce, he has done this and can give you a definate answer. Limpgtx has did the BPT into his 323, and he helped me make this list along time ago over AIM.
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
      X