noise that bothers me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noise that bothers me

For the last couple of ekks I noticed some weird noise. I can hear it only on idle . It's coming from somewhere below header ( It seems like to me ) It's not permanent , it might not be for couple of days, and then comes again. Didn't hear it on the cold engine, only when it's running for a while . Car shakes on idle a bit more then usual, but it's hard to compare. didn't feel any loss of power.
    To discribe noise , hm, dhat's the hardest part. Probably it sound like a disel engine
    any idea ?
    98 protege LX for appearance
    89 626 GT for performance

Uh. . . check the heat shields on the exhaust? Check for loose exhaust? Tranny? Check for loose screws/nuts/bolts stuff like that?

Comment

I would definately check all those heat shields down there. I already removed some of mine, only because the bolts rusted away, and some shields began rattling.
      "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

I did that as well . It's differend then just ruttling noise . Gonna go listen to it later today and try to explain better.

Comment

it could be the tranny. . . does temperature have any affect on the noise, or does it seem random?

Comment

It's random, I haven't figure when it happen exactly. It's only at iddle, and when engine is hot RPM sits higher then normal and it's not there. Didn't make this noise today at all. It looks like some gost live there

Comment

not ghosts, GREMLINS!!! Like in the BMW 7 series, so don't worry, you're in good company!

Comment

When we meet up on the 15th, I'll havea alisten and see if I can figure out where its coming from, or what it is and ****.
                Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                  When we meet up on the 15th, I'll havea alisten and see if I can figure out where its coming from, or what it is and ****.
                  Great. You gonna be da best gremlin-hunter in the area !

Comment

Working...
                  X