Silly alignment question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silly alignment question...

I recent had to replace just one of my tires due to a leak so just changed that one. The new tire is on the front passenger side so is alot meaty then the rest which are pretty old. I noticed my car pulls to the right and I don't know if its because of bad alignment or because of just having one new tire on the front. Does it make a difference? Don't want to pay to have it aligned if its because of the tire. Opinions? Advice? I got the car recently so don't know if the alignment was already off or not. Thanks in advance!

Generally, if you are a replacing just one tire on the front, it is highly recommended to replace both tires. If that is not an option for you, and the rears are in the good shape, do a tire rotation. You want the tires that are evenly worn down.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

ok but would having just one new tire throw off my alignment and make my car pull to one side since the new tire is on the front right?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaiiannights
        ok but would having just one new tire throw off my alignment and make my car pull to one side since the new tire is on the front right?
        Yes, it could.
        "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Uneven tires do more than you think......I would get another one..you will see a difference.
          "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

you will also put uneeded wear on your diff. It's seeing that you are ALWAYS in a turn with mismatched tires on.
            "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
            -93 MR2, 129 ES
            ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
            Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Working...
            X