n/a air/fuel meter vs turbo a/m meter ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

n/a air/fuel meter vs turbo a/m meter ?

my ?'s is if you have a n/a air/fuel meter the ratio is like 14.7 to 1 or something like that
    now what would the ratio be for a turbo air/fuel meter .
    does anyone know if they sell these and where i could find one and at around what price.
    thanks ryan
    5 boosted bp cars,why...

Originally posted by ryan1
    my ?'s is if you have a n/a air/fuel meter the ratio is like 14.7 to 1 or something like that
    now what would the ratio be for a turbo air/fuel meter .
    does anyone know if they sell these and where i could find one and at around what price.
    thanks ryan
    The stoichiometric A/F ratio is 14.7 to 1. Best power mixture for normally aspirated engines is~12.5-1 to 13.5-1 depending on the engine. Turbo engines require even richer mixtures. A more complete explanation can be found at: www.hondata.com/techlambda.html

A/F ratio or lambda gauges are available from a number of companies such as www.autometer.com
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Uhh..your qestion is little off the wall..lol

There is no difference between a turbo & n/a a/f meter!

There is only a a/f meter!

Maybe you are thinkin about stock o2 sensor & wideband o2 sensor?

Chas
      (confused)

Comment

He's talking about the VAF
        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by acidbbg1
          Uhh..your qestion is little off the wall..lol

There is no difference between a turbo & n/a a/f meter!

There is only a a/f meter!

Maybe you are thinkin about stock o2 sensor & wideband o2 sensor?

Chas
          (confused)
          their is a difference in the AFM between the turbo and the n/a I have used both on my rx7, the turbo one was a different spring on the door so it will run a little richer, on a protege i would stick with a n/a one

Comment

Plus the turbo one is a little larger and doesn't fit the stock airbox of the Protege.
            2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

im talking about the air/fuel ratio meter i don't want to run my gtx lean
              do you think a autometer a/f meter will give me a right reading for my gtx swap with gtx ecu/harness and the stock gtx 02 sensor cause like in the 1st reply to my ? answered ,, the air/fuel ratio is a bit different in turbos motors vs. N/A motor
              and i don't want to use a wideband 02 to pricey for me.
              thanks ,sorry for the confusion didn't really know how to word it.
              thanks again ryan
              Last edited by ryan1; 05-05-2004, 12:29 PM.
              5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

Originally posted by ryan1
                im talking about the air/fuel ratio meter i don't want to run my gtx lean
                do you think a autometer a/f meter will give me a right reading for my gtx swap with gtx ecu/harness and the stock gtx 02 sensor cause like in the 1st reply to my ? answered ,, the air/fuel ratio is a bit different in turbos motors vs. N/A motor
                and i don't want to use a wideband 02 to pricey for me.
                thanks ,sorry for the confusion didn't really know how to word it.
                thanks again ryan
                the narrow badn a/f meter's from auto meter is a waste save up and get a real wide band, i think aem's one is pretty cheap for a wideband

Comment

Another option is buy a EGT (Exhaust gas tempature) gauge. An Autometer one will run you about $130-$150. All you gotta do is remember, hotter = lean, cooler = rich.
                  1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
                  MODS:
                  GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
                  TO DO LIST:
                  EDM/JDM rear bumper
                  EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
                  Repaint car

Comment

Working...
                  X