Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's odd, connect the breather and the car stalls.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's odd, connect the breather and the car stalls.

Well friday night when I got home from work in the 323, I swaped cars. I put the 323 in the yard and pulled out the protege. It was the weekend and the protege needed to stretch it's legs and burn some gas. Anyway I changed the oil thursday night and while I did that I put the little breather hose back on the intake. I usually leave it disconected. Well fine friday I go and pick up this girl that I am dating so we can go to the movies. So on the way there I reach a stop light and the frigin car drops idle, it drops to like 400 then goes up to 1100 then drops to 500 then goes up to 800 then would settle. This was all while my foot was on the brake.

Anyhow I pick her up and I am on my way to the movies, we get on the highway, make it up to new rochelle and then hit a light ... Same **** but car stalls out. ahhh .

Basically for the rest of the night when I got to a light and had my foot on the brake the car would stall out.

Anyhow yesterday (Sunday) before I went to Englishtown Raceway.. I disconnected the breather from the intake. Fine ok and dandy. Start the car up and drive reach a light, no problem. The idle droped down to 650 - 800 with no problems. The car did not stall once through out the whole day. Even when coming back after the races (which I have photo's off), the car did not stall at all, No problems.. This was much better.

Although I know the tps may need to be adjusted, I didn't look into that yet. I can let you draw your own conclusion.

BTW: The protege pulls pretty damn nice with 4 people in the car me 218 , friend 190, brother 150, and other friend about 219 ... Pulls pretty hard and has no problems cruising. This used to be a problem in my 1.5..(carying 4 people).

thanks for reading.
    If you have thoughts post em.
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

its just hungry for the turbo man.
    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
    225.94wtq
    torque monster!!!!
    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

wow..that don't sound right..by leaving it unplugged it should make the car stall..or atleast have a loppin idle..with it plugged in it would stall? have u tried one of those pep boys breather filters?

Chas

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
        its just hungry for the turbo man.
        Did you see the intercooler test fit picture that I sent you Ben. ?
        Bruce

------------------------------------------

Acid , the breather hose is not on the intake. I have it unpluged. I am not sure why it is stalling though, but I know it is directly related to that hose.
        I have been drivint the car since sunday and still no stalling. I have it with me now. I didn't feal like taking the 323 out the yard.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla

Acid , the breather hose is not on the intake. I have it unpluged. I am not sure why it is stalling though, but I know it is directly related to that hose.
          I have been drivint the car since sunday and still no stalling. I have it with me now. I didn't feal like taking the 323 out the yard.

Actually it sounds like you have a vacccum leak somewhere..and it becomes very bad when you plug in the breather hose...

but when the breather hose is unplugged it cuases engine to have a loopy idle!

Chas

Comment

I am trying to tell ya the engine idles smooth as hell with the vacum hose unpluged.
            It's doesn't even have a slight miss.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

the leave that **** out, lol
              .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
              225.94wtq
              torque monster!!!!
              dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
              http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
              http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                I am trying to tell ya the engine idles smooth as hell with the vacum hose unpluged.
                It's doesn't even have a slight miss.
                really...when you unplug the vaccum hose..do you plug up the hole..or just leave it open??

B/c if you leave it open..there is something really wrong going on...By unplugging it..you cause a vaccum leak..which should cuase the problem you are talking about...

Try capping the leak..see what happens..

Chas(confused)

Comment

It sounds like what my car is doing....Hmmm i wonder if my tube is causing a problem too...Ill mess around with it tomorrow
                  sigpic

Comment

The PCV valve is brand new Edwin.

See I have been driving the car since this original post and last night I beat the piss out of 1st 2nd and 3rd gear.
                    never shut off at any light.

I would do a video but I don't think you guys wanna hear me cursing. lol

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                    X