my car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my car.

this kind of gives you an idea what i have done and what needs to be done... i found a 5 speed for it, i think i'll only end up paying ~100$ for everything. i think if i do that, i will just keep the 1.6 until it dies and then worry about getting a 1.8. its not in the best condition... im still trying to find another blue one for some body parts.

not too bad, neighbor has an mp5 also, lol
    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
    225.94wtq
    torque monster!!!!
    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

The DX still had a 1.8SOHC (shouldn't it be SE?) Nice stereo job, heh.
      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

yeah..when i signed up here it was quite late and for some reason i put DX. its definately an se lol

Comment

i guess i was confused about the motors...i just assumed mine had the smallest one, but i guess it is a 1.8 isnt it...

Comment

do both radios work and play songs and ****
            i is dumb

Comment

yeah they do. i did it half for the hell of it and half because i dont want theives looking in the seeing the cd deck. it wasnt that hard other than modifying the cup holder thing.
              Last edited by 1990DX; 05-03-2004, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990DX
                yeah they do. i did it half for the hell of it and half because i dont want theives looking in the seeing the cd deck. it wasnt that hard other than modifying the cup holder thing.
                wow, thanks for that idea, i've had had my **** stolen twice now.

93' 5spd DX
                R.I.P

Comment

what did u have 2 do , to modify the cup holder??? i might have 2 try that ****.. i just put in a new system and thats my worst fear gettin that **** stolen ..( i payed more for my sound system than i did for my car

Comment

Originally posted by Saucy
                    what did u have 2 do , to modify the cup holder??? i might have 2 try that ****.. i just put in a new system and thats my worst fear gettin that **** stolen ..( i payed more for my sound system than i did for my car
                    do you know how to wire it all? i can explain it if you dont know. basically the cup holder thing,
                    take the console thing out of the car, unscrew the black inside part, then you need to cut the back of it off with a saw, then either file the inside edges, or break parts of the sides off, so for example when you look at it from the back the bottom and top are the only parts screwed in. it isnt quite wide enough to fit the deck, hence the messing with the sides. also, the deck will probably rest on the carpet so it might not need a lot of support.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990DX
                      do you know how to wire it all? i can explain it if you dont know. basically the cup holder thing,
                      take the console thing out of the car, unscrew the black inside part, then you need to cut the back of it off with a saw, then either file the inside edges, or break parts of the sides off, so for example when you look at it from the back the bottom and top are the only parts screwed in. it isnt quite wide enough to fit the deck, hence the messing with the sides. also, the deck will probably rest on the carpet so it might not need a lot of support.
                      It might rest on the carpet? Isn't the deck in the cup holder basin? heh You should write a How-To guide and post it in with the other How-To's. This is a really cool, and effective mod that doesn't seem to difficult to do. I might pull out my deck, slam it in there and replace the upper deck with an original from the junkyard or something lol

thanks for the info DX

peace
                      Driven by my soul
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Streetlights streaking through my sight
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Life is Protege
                      ~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Your kidding me ...

what the Alpine doesn't have a detachable face? I find it hard enough to play with the dang radio in the current spot when driving my 323 and you choose to put it way down below the shifter. my god. That can certainly get you in an accident.

I have to say, I recently drove a 5 speed 1.8 sohc and it was ohk .. It feals about as fast as a 1.5 dohc 2nd gen, but I think it would be an even race. It doesn't feal anywhere near as fast as the BP 1.8 dohc though . I can tell you right now it's night and day there. If your going to do a 5 speed swap and change trannies and all that, just buy a BP with 5 speed tranny and pull out that sohc and tranny and then drop in the BP with tranny. It would save you so much time and money in the future.
                        Not to mention the performance benefits. You get a stronger motor, It revs much freeier than the sohc while having more power doing it. You get the benefit of the VICS which really helps you out over 4 grand.
                        You have more performance options.
                        - better turbo options
                        - better chance of winning races against more powerful cars
                        - more driveability throughout the power band
                        - lower 1/4 mile time
                        - shared parts with the miata world of BP's.

I just don't see any reason for ya not to spend the extra 300 and get a BP in that car.
                        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

yeah i just went out and checked before i read the post. and i know what i gotta do... and bruce... my clairion has a detachable face but i still would want 2 hide it ... i mean people look in.. outa sight outa mind ( i think thats how that goes) and anyway it plays mP3s so i have more than enough sons on the cd to last me wherever im going.. and i got a remote so it will make it a lil easier lol ...

Comment

Originally posted by Saucy
                            yeah i just went out and checked before i read the post. and i know what i gotta do... and bruce... my clairion has a detachable face but i still would want 2 hide it ... i mean people look in.. outa sight outa mind ( i think thats how that goes) and anyway it plays mP3s so i have more than enough sons on the cd to last me wherever im going.. and i got a remote so it will make it a lil easier lol ...
                            I have a mp3 player with remote in both cars and still there are some things that you have to touch the head unit to control.

I am not knocking his install. It's just the position. I wish to god my radio was installed further up. I park my cars in my yard and I still never leave the faceplate in the car.
                            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

yeah i know whatcha ment bruce .. i wish the same thing.. it is kinda a pain having it like that., there our some cars that they have the cd player up high and up at an angle wich is really cool, but idk iv never really done anything to my car fabrication wise nad i wnat 2 try somethign .. so im prolly just going to do it just for that ... just 2 say hey i did this haha

Comment

Working...
                              X