Interior Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interior Paint

Has neone heard nething about the new Krylon Fusion Plastic Paint?
    It says that u dont need to sand prime and it wont crack peel or chip. Do u guys and gals think its worth a shot?

I tried it on my old car HATED IT, others however on the kia forum used it and loved it an now swear by it, personally since it sucked ass for me id reccomend Duplicolor, the hitemp paint for the interior worked awesome for me plus it wont fade from the sun hahaha
    2003 Mazda Protege LX
    Laser Blue
    www.cardomain.com/id/thejackyl
    Old Car
    1998 Kia Sephia LS
    Custom Front Bumper, motegi gunmetal mr7s wrapped in Nitto 450 Xtremes, OBX exhaust, Custom CAI, CUstom interior

Comment

i used some ony my brothers eclipse in his interior and it was great..... looks good too
      Sexy Turbo Charged 2000 LX

Comment

i've heard good things about it..
        seems to work find. the Canadian Tire around here has a patio chair painted with it.. won't chip for the life of it.. just make sure to put a good layer (or 3) of clear coat to protect your work.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
        RB springs
        Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
        MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

I used Tamiya on my interior.. stuck to the plastic great.. i just need to put some layers of acrylic clear coat to protect against renegade CDs in my car.

RB springs
          Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

Originally posted by cablemirc
            uhh, how about NO.
            that crap spraypaint stuff rubs and chips and dulls and cracks.
            if you are going to spray your ****, do it right, use SEM paint. any decent paint store (not house paint, not home depot.. use a phone book) carries it. it will not rub off, and gives nice consistent coats. i use it on my interior. it's a "bumper paint", meaning it's designed to be applied to non-adhering surfaces like vinyl and rubber (traditionally very hard to paint).

if you've ever seen my dashboard, you'll know i painted the trim across silver as an accentuating touch. after two years, it looks like i painted it yesterday. it's not thick like that cheap aftermarket kragen paint. the bezels on the 1st gens are textured, and it sits nicely on the bezel and fully preserved the look and feel of that texture... if you did'nt know any better, you'd say it was stock like that.

it's $10 a can. if you want your car to look like **** with heavy spray from **** paint, go ahead and buy anything else. the thickness of that stuff and limited durability are nothing you can control. get SEM paint, or don;t waste your time and money.

i'll go out to the garage and post a picture of the can so you know what to buy.
            WERD!

SEM paint right here:

And here:

Well over two years old, still looks 100% perfect. Not glossy - it's a nice flat, satiny look - just like the stock finish, but a better silver color (I did all the "champagne" plastic with it, as well as the black gauge surround & bezel).

There's nothing better than SEM - don't even consider anything else. Do it once, do it right.

~HH

Comment

so anything else like automotive paint isnt doing it right

Comment

Originally posted by Tweeaks
                so anything else like automotive paint isnt doing it right
                Well, SEM is automotive paint - the product to use is called "Bumper Coater", and it is intended to be used on exterior plastic and urethane parts.

The fact that it is meant for an exterior application is what makes it work so well on interior parts - also that it's formulated to bond to plastic.

Often, the stuff you find in auto parts stores is glorified spray-paint. No one says it won't work, though.

I just know from experience that SEM is a high-quality product that will probably outlast your car. It's worth finding.

~HH

Comment

oh I have never heard of SEM......You could always go to NAPA they will put automotive paint in a spray can for you....Then just buy a can of clear...

Comment

does SEM come in spray or just regular liquid?
                    if liquid.. what do you apply it with?

RB springs
                    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

SEM comes in spray

Comment

does it require primer at all?
                        do they make clearcoat?

and is there somewhere i can see a pallette of their colours?

RB springs
                        Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

i hate interior paint, but if done right, and in moderation, its ok
                          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                          225.94wtq
                          torque monster!!!!
                          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Come on are you telling me that you like your gray interior.
                            I think its the ugliest thing ever, I definetly plan on painting my interior with a satin finish not glosy at all.

That'll be sweet.
                            SEM paint looks ideal. Where did you guys find this stuff? I wanna give it a test run by painting my xbox with it first.

Comment

Try to find an auto body supply shop in your area - if not, see if a local body shop will order it for you.

There may also be places on the web to get it - but do yourself a favor and go look at a color chart in-person before ordering.

~HH

Comment

Working...
                              X