foglights question 2nd gen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

foglights question 2nd gen.

Does anyone know where can I connect my foglights, so I can use them as DRL ( my car is US model, so it doesn't have this option ) , or at least they'll go off automaticly, when ignition/ilumination is off. I afraid If I'll plug them into my headlights it'll make them darker.
    98 protege LX for appearance
    89 626 GT for performance

i am assuming your fog lights run through a relay, like most every set i've ever seen. the wire that turns on, or trips the relay can be wired into a wire that only has power through it with the key in the "on" position. you could wire it to the same wire that turns on your HU, or gives your cigarette plug power, but then if you key is in the accessory position the fog lights will be one.

Comment

Wire it the way Blue said but then put a switch between the power source and the relay, that way you can turn them on and off independently of the headlights but if you turn the key off they turn off as well. Turn the switch on and they'll work as DRLs, but you still have control in case you want everything off (for 007 missions or something).

Comment

actually I forgot to mantion, that they're on alrady and I have switch, which my gf likes to leave on , and then I have to boost the car anyway , I guess I should try to connect cigaret plug . Is there anything in the engine bay ? Just to make it easier, so I won't have to bring this wire through firewall.
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by russian
          actually I forgot to mantion, that they're on alrady and I have switch, which my gf likes to leave on , and then I have to boost the car anyway , I guess I should try to connect cigaret plug . Is there anything in the engine bay ? Just to make it easier, so I won't have to bring this wire through firewall.
          Thanks
          You can take it off the battery or the fuse box but then you won't have a switch to control it. You shouldn't have to run a wire anyway if they're already there and already hooked up, just trade off which wire goes to the relay.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

just wondering if I'll get power from my headlights, would it dim them ?

Comment

It doesn't matter where you get power from. If the fog lights are very powerful, your headlights will dim.

Comment

is that "basic fog light switch system" good for 03 P5 at all??

Comment

Yes, it is universal.

Comment

I see. thanks for help.
                      I'll try to do something on a weekend .

Comment

Originally posted by russian
                        just wondering if I'll get power from my headlights, would it dim them ?
                        Yes, your headlights will dim, but you're turning on two other bright lights and so you won't notice it.

Comment

Working...
                        X