H&R spring questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H&R spring questions

ok I have the ZX2 struts and I plan using them with the H & R springs. My question is which springs will give me the ideal suspension setup.

MX3 H&R
    Protege H&R
    or 323 H&R

My car is a 323 for those that were wondering, and I plan on swapping for a bpt. since the bpt weighs alot more I would thinking that the protege or mx3 H&R springs would be ideal. I found a website that sell protege H&R springs for $195. They want $205 for the MX3 ones, which I thought were the same.

Any ideas???

o and after I get the springs and darryls tie bars all I need are strut tower braces and my suspension will be done.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

I've heard that the MX3 springs are stiffer. Talk to Darryl, he had that setup (ZX2's w/MX3 B&G's) before he got the hyperco's.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

the springs all interchange but the MX3 ones are stiffest. I had the ZX2/MX3 setup for autox and liked it, was a good blend of daily driver/weekend racer. The FRS kit is way beyond that, it's only if your serious.

Comment

check tirerack.com, they might be a little bit cheaper, got mine for 185

Comment

FRS kit???

if not the H&R, then whats a good stiff spring that will work well. I dont autoX or anything but I want a max of about a 2 in drop. I love taking highspeed corners and I want to be able to do so more and more.

anyone reccomend those + the ZX2 struts?

I picked the GS for the stiffest spring rate.

Comment

for a 2" drop or more then the sprints are your choice (not sure on their perfoance tho) the ZX2/H&Rs will not drop it that low. Your other choice is coilovers.

FRS = Ford Racing Suspension
            Dynamic Suspension Struts w/Hypercoil springs

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
              for a 2" drop or more then the sprints are your choice (not sure on their perfoance tho) the ZX2/H&Rs will not drop it that low. Your other choice is coilovers.

FRS = Ford Racing Suspension
              Dynamic Suspension Struts w/Hypercoil springs
              I like the Sprint springs, I think they give the car a good feel and the drop is very nice. I don't feel that Im enough of a suspension guru to give a professional opinion on them though. But I must say, to the best of my abilities, that my setup handles very well. Before any modifications my car would fade to the outside of hard curves, now I can stick to the line like glue when taking the twisties on I-40 allongside Tinker AFB at 80+mph. (it's so fun doing that ) The car goes exactly where you want it to go and has no trouble through fast turns.
              I have:
              Sprint springs, Darryl's front and rear lower tie bars, GTR front upper brace, Mazdaspeed rear upper brace -- stockers as far as struts go, but ZX2's are on the shopping list. (don't know how much wheels effect ****, but: 16x7" rims w/ 205/45/16 tires)
              2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Originally posted by Marc93lx
                I have:
                Sprint springs, Darryl's front and rear lower tie bars, GTR front upper brace, Mazdaspeed rear upper brace -- stockers as far as struts go, but ZX2's are on the shopping list. (don't know how much wheels effect ****, but: 16x7" rims w/ 205/45/16 tires)
                Put the ZX2 struts on top of the list as you'll be surprised how much of a difference they'll make over the stock struts.
                -------------------------
                '91 LX
                '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
                -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
                well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Originally posted by Marc93lx
                  That is the basic setup I am going for.

whats a decent price for a set of sprint springs?
                  Prices I found are:
                  http://www.splittingimagez.com/ -> 175 shipped

http://24.97.127.82/Amazing/itemdesc...=S%2D7500&tpc= -> 172 shipped

http://www.prostreetonline.com/pso/p...roductsku=7500 -> 182 shipped

And the best that I found:
                  http://www.wheelmax.com/spsprings.htm -> 119... cant find shipping listed, but it cant be that much. I guess thats the best price I am going to find.

Comment

I bought mine off of some guy on ebay like 4 or 5 years ago. I think I payed like ~110 for them. They list for about $250 on sprints website, so all of those prices look decent to me.
                    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

this is the site that i bought my sprint springs from. I just got them today via ups. $156 shipped. i was very happy with there smooth customer service.....
                      pic of my sprint springs still in the box today
                      Attached Files
                      91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.