wheel questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheel questions

So i need to get some new wheels, since mine are slightly bent and all, and im shopping around at some of these online stores. I was just wondering what the bolt pattern is on the 1998 protege and what, if any limitations there are on the size, i mean, i'm not gonna get giants wheels, probably 17X7. Also they come in packages with tires allready mounted to the wheels. Now since they are allready mounted to i have to do any balancing with them, or can i just take the old wheels off and put the new ones on, no fuss no muss? This probably seems like the stupidest set of questions in the world sorry about that
    R.I.P.
    Pro-Pro
    1998 - 2005
    "Live fast, die young, sell you parts on e-bay"

The bolt pattern is 4 x 100 for your wheels. The wheel packages come with the tires mounted and balanced so all you have to do is exchange the new wheels for the old ones. Also make sure that they send you the correct hub mounting rings for your new wheels for proper hubcentric mounting on your car.

Good luck with your purchase.
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Like goldstar said, sometimes wheel packages come prebalanced, so all you have to do is slap them on. When you get the package, just check if the weights are on the rims or not. If they are on, you are all set. As far for limits, I really don't remember anyone with 18" on 95-98 protege. I got 15 x 6.5 with 1.3" drop, and I never rubbed the tires, even with the car loaded. If you want 17s, I believe they should fit. I have heard from most people with 17s on the 2nd gen reporting no problems at all.
      "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Working...
      X