project i started monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

project i started monday

so most of you know sunday was my birthday, and all i wanted was a table saw. i got the money for the one i wanted, so monday i had to clean out my end of the shed to make room for it here's how it progressed:
    monday morning: pull everything out

monday afternoon, build shelves and reorganize everything, and thow out twice as much as this:

all that to make room for what i picked up monday night:

it's a portable table saw that has a 27" rip capacity

and it cuts nice and smooth.

is that a fiberglass shell of your door??
    '02 classic red p5
    currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

now on to tuesday:
      project center consol: the 8's won't fit so i decide that i'll finish the HVAC mounting.

once i'm satisfied with the frame, i masked it off, to make the fiberglass cover. i use regular car paste wax, so the fiberglass doesn't stick to the tape, and it goes on a lot easier than mold release wax

get everything ready to go:

let sit and harden:

while it was hardening, i cut the wood for my new box. by the time i was done with cutting the wood, some nasty clouds moved in, so i put away all my tools for fear it would rain
      and here's what it looks like today:

Comment

Originally posted by walight01
        is that a fiberglass shell of your door??
        yeah, i took a mold of one of the back doors to see if i wanted to make all new doors found out that i don't

Comment

dude that sux, get all started and its decides to rain, go figure!
          when you made your back door mold, did you make it over the existing door panel, did you just make it of the door frame??? b/c i like how alpline made their doors, they just put it on the existing panel and went from there. nice job in the hvac controles
          '02 classic red p5

Comment

i made a mold of the frame i'm planning on making my new door panels over my old ones much easier to do

Comment

Looks excellent! I need to learn how to fiberglass

Keep us updated with pics!
              Dan
              dreesemonkey

Comment

there is a sticky on how to fiberglass at the top on the forum if you wana try it.
                '02 classic red p5

Comment

Originally posted by walight01
                  dude that sux, get all started and its decides to rain, go figure!
                  when you made your back door mold, did you make it over the existing door panel, did you just make it of the door frame??? b/c i like how alpline made their doors, they just put it on the existing panel and went from there. nice job in the hvac controles
                  THats becuase Alpine is the best :D

Comment

I need to get a table saw.... friggin tired of trying to make boxes using a circular saw.

Comment

thats what blue has done forever, he is about the ONLY person that is good with a circular saw
                      '02 classic red p5

Comment

I jus thought of something... if was to do a fiber glass pod on my doors.. would I have to make a mold for the back of it... if it was just for like 6 1/2's.... like just glue the dal rods to the door cover and the ring to that and then wrap it wit hthe materials and thats it.... I know I would if it was asub and gonna pound lots of bass but for 6 1/2's?

Comment

asylum24, just make sure the rear sound wave doesn't interact with the front, and you'll be fine i'm planning on putting an 8, a 5 1/4, and a tweet in each door should be sweet:p:

Comment

here's an updated look for the center console

view from behind:

and view with the controls in place:

Comment

wait let me get this right... you covered up your drink holders? hmm interesting... wish there was room for something like this in the 2nd gen

Comment

Working...
                              X