Fuel Pressure Reg. Valve...AT or MT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Pressure Reg. Valve...AT or MT

I was reading my protege manual and it seems to say that 97-98 Manual BP's dont have a fuel pressure reg. solenoid valve. Is that true? I then checked the wiring charts and it said that only an automatic used the FPR solenoid wires.
    Last edited by OCD-SPEED; 05-05-2004, 08:59 PM.
    sigpic

ok explain this to me. an automatic has a fpr which uses wires? what for? i never seen any protege's with fpr's that had wires comming out of them.
    find it, **** it, forget it

Comment

Im talking about the FPR solenoid valve. Sorry that was my fault i said the wrong thing....i fixed it though.
      sigpic

Comment

ok, whats a fpr solenoid valve? i never seen or heard of this.

Comment

The sol. will activate the regulator by allowing vaccum to reach the reg. . The vac. will draw the diaphragm in the reg ,when the sol. stops the vac spring pressure will close the reg down again. This gives a 5 psi change in pressure(35 at idle and 40 with throttle).If pressure exceeds 40 or so psi the fuel will push the spring open so it can return to the tank.I have seen the reg stick and the car will run up to 90 psi .
          98 protege lx 1.8l
          short ram intake custom
          crane hi-6 ign.
          14 miata alloy wheels
          .50 over pistons and some other tricks .

my protege

Comment

interesting. i dont have this solenoid on my 96 kia. and my fpr is 30psi when at idle, 40 with the vacuum hose disconnected.

Comment

Originally posted by bp 1.8
              interesting. i dont have this solenoid on my 96 kia. and my fpr is 30psi when at idle, 40 with the vacuum hose disconnected.
              Funny cause the motor in my car is a 97 Kia...it has one.
              sigpic

Comment

interesting. thunderb0lt who posts here also has a 97 kia, his is an auto and has thisd valve it appears. was youre engine from a automatic car?
                Last edited by bp 1.8; 05-05-2004, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X