Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

body kit vs exhaust

I'm stuck in a tight dilemma..

In June, I get $1000 (CDN) slapped on my lap, and I don't know which mod to do.

Currently, I have no body mods beyond tinting and rims (soon lowering too)
    Also, I have no engine mods other than the ZF spark plugs. I will get a CAI in 3 weeks or so, but that's it.

So should I opt for a 2.25" cat back and a high flow cat?
    Or should I go for a body kit (currently have an offer for the WW kit /w flare)?

I know my car is pretty sad looking, in all it's stockness.. but the go is really minimal, too... with my sub and my fat ass in the car... the current potential of the car seems to be severely limited.

Nowadays, some of my buddies are getting new cat-backs, and I like the sound and look way better than my 1.25" stock pipe.

Just looking for feedback... stupid money keeps getting stolen by bills and other emergencies (dentistry bills and prescriptions for GF)... so the one little purchase i get to make, I wanna make sure i'm 100% good with it
    Cat-back exhaust + high flow cat
    75.00%
    Body kit (front bumper, sides and rear bumper)
    25.00%

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
    RB springs
    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
    MP3 front bumper conversion

kit that bitch, you'll get more looks then if u had full exhaust
    i is dumb

Comment

Id kit it.

Personaly though Id weight untill you got the CAI on if you are really not happy with the sound your getting then Id strongly reconsiter the exhaust.

And we already have 2.25" exhausts on.
      Everythime I bring up an exhaust around my buds, they always tell me they like the sound it has now.

Comment

kit it, you can get the exhaust later iz cheaper....
        2003 Mazda Protege LX
        Laser Blue
        www.cardomain.com/id/thejackyl
        Old Car
        1998 Kia Sephia LS
        Custom Front Bumper, motegi gunmetal mr7s wrapped in Nitto 450 Xtremes, OBX exhaust, Custom CAI, CUstom interior

Comment

Do engine mods!!! body kits are for ricers, now your not a ricer are you?

Comment

go before show
            Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Kit!

if your going for serious performance mods exhaust won't do **** except change the sound of your car, hopefully for the better.
              Want Projector Headlights ?

Comment

Which reminds me the exhaust will add 1 maybe 2 hp.

If you want preformance get a new header. It should also change the sound of your exhaust

Comment

body kit, its the better way to go for the protege unless its an mp3 or mazdaspeed.
                  My OLD Car

Comment

hahaha. everybody's saying body kit, but kit only got 2 votes!

I'd either get the Bosal or Racing Beat cat-back if I was to get one at all...
                    I'm not really doing it for major power increase.. just a little nudge to go with my CAI... i have a little fund on the side that's called "turbo project" where i'm putting some money - but that's many moons away.

I mean. it's not like i'm not going to get both.. i'm just wondering which to get in June (next will probably come in August/September).. i know the design I want for my car's body.. and i know most of the engine setup, too... it's just a matter of money, therefore, time.

RB springs
                    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

Get a header.

Comment

exhaust, i installed intake and exhaust 2 weeks after i bought my car.

hold on...i dont know how much 1000cdn is but you can get a cat back system and body kit here with 1000 bucks.
                        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

i'm particular about what i get.
                          1000CDN is about 720US

if i was to choose an exhaust, i would buy an exhaust, high-flow cat and hangers.. probably a few other things too, like dress-up kit and more paint for the inside

RB springs
                          Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

No contest--performance mods every time.
                            Nobody will be jealous of your ricer kit if they're screaming past you in a 1/4!
                            '03 Sunlight Silver ES/5sp
                            THUNDER 4-1 RACING HEADER
                            Racing Beat Exhaust, SPD Racing SRI
                            Eibach Pro-kit, MP3 ECU, MP3 Foot Pedals
                            Powdercoated stockers wrapped in Yoko AVS ES100s
                            Kartboy SS/Knob/Bushings

Comment

ok..
                              see, the reason why i'm having such a hard time deciding is cuz i really want an exhaust, but there's a WW body kit, painted in silver (my colour) that just fell on my lap for about US$775 (all incl).

I can pull $1000 outta my ass and pay it back in 1 month, no prob.

And i don't think some are understanding, it's not like if i get the body kit, i'm not gonna have any engine mods... they'll just have to wait til later in the summer.

With the new offer on the body kit, i may leap on it cuz it's about 60% off the cost of buying it new and getting it shipped and painted. the exhaust, i had no deal on it. i was just gonna pay the retail price and go along my way.. may just do that in the late summer, as the prices will only go down with time.

RB springs
                              Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

Working...
                              X