Custom headers, what to look for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom headers, what to look for?

Hi, I'm getting a local shop to fabricate me a set of headers for my 1.6l (and complete catback exhaust) and I wanted to know what to look out for or what to ask the guy who is going to make them for me? they guy runs a pretty reputable shop and I have friends who had theirs done too, nothing but compliments about the guy.
    I'm going down there tomorow to have him look at my ride and tell me what needs to be done.

he should want to know the cam specs, the intake lengths, and ask about your desired powerband.

you may also want to ask him about anti-reversion.

Disregard these questions if this a cheapie homebuilt thing that's only costing you like 300 bucks. Good headers and the people who know how to build them do not come cheap.
    Last edited by JesseSays; 05-06-2004, 05:04 PM.
    "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
    -93 MR2, 129 ES
    ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
    Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

whats he quoting you for all this work??
      .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
      225.94wtq
      torque monster!!!!
      dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
      http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
      http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

It's very cheap (I don't live in the US) , they don't make them, it's supossedly made for the ford laser wich has the exact same engine as me. But it does seem too cheap so I'm just doing the exhaust for now.

Another q, my dad's mechanic told me that since the engine is completely stock a header would not make much difference if anythign at all, that I should stick to exhaust and intake until I decide to do some serious enginework. is he right?

Comment

thats not true if you got a intake and exhaust then the header will make a noticable increase in air flow you will notice adiffrence .

Comment

Working...
          X