noisy fuel injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noisy fuel injectors

I've got a 98 LX with 68K on the lovely 1.5L. Lately I've noticed that the injectors are clicking really loud lately. Now I'm not sure if it has always done this or not -- it's hard to tell when the windows are closed all winter. I tried some fuel injector cleaner and 89 octane to possibly smooth them out, along with a new fuel filter. Anyone have any ideas, or is this just the way it is?

Injector knock is not as common as valve knock, but it does happen. Are you sure its not the valves? Sometimes its hard to tell where the sound is coming from. Our cars are known for having valves being adjusted after a while. Something you go to dealer to fix for an amazing amount of money. Higher octane usually helps, though not for long. I do not see how a fuel filter could help, but changing the spark plugs might.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

In the 1.5 after a certain amount of miles you have to have the valves adjusted. I never did it on my 1.5, but I should have.

Check your manual.
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

For all I know, it could be coming from the valves. It's hard to tell, but it does sound like a loud injector click. Does the valve noise have any unique sounds that would help in telling the difference? I did notice in the owner's manual that the valves should be checked every 30K, though no one seems to do that. The dealer around here quoted $250-300 to adjust the valves, but I thought this may be a low-ball number. ANy thoughts?

Comment

I've never heard of Injector Knock.
          The Z5 had HLA didn't it??
          Shouldn't have to adjust that ****. The lifters probably have some **** clogging them.
          Ryan The middle child is always ignored
          BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
          Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Working...
          X