Who makes this bumper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who makes this bumper?

This link was posted in another thread. Who makes this front bumper and where can I get one?

That is the buddyclub2 front bumper. Along with the splitters that are optional. Just go to buddyclub2.com.

Comment

Thanks, that looks awesome. I think that's my favorite bumper for the 3rd gen so far.

Anyone know offhand how much the kit is going for, and the front bumper by itself?

Comment

The bumper looks good, but I think the splitters are a bit overkill. I had originally planned on that setup before I knew my next car was the MP3. I am glad I didn't because the splitters stick out way too far.

Comment

Yeah, the splitters are definitely a bit much, but I really like his custom grilles in the side.

Comment

that is sp33ds car
            Sagaris

Comment

That bumper looks nice.
              Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

I looked at their web page and I really like the whole kit but it's just too low for me. This car's my daily driver, I deliver pizza in it, and I have to be able to drive over speedbumps.

Comment

^^Yeah that is something that bothered me too. It gives the nice aggressive look but it is too low. I've got a friend here in Knoxville with a MSP with the Buddyclub2 kit. He has the Tein springs on so he sits lower than the stock MSP's. He has about 4" of ground clearance and scrapes on EVERYTHING.

Comment

I'm actually considering the possibility of custom building my own bumper. I have specific ideas of how I want it to look and nothing I've seen quite fits. I don't have a lot of experience with fiberglassing but I figure with some practice runs and no particular deadline I could probably make it work.

Comment

look through the dash fabrication pics. i was planning on using wood to design the shape of the bumper i was going to build. if you use thin enough pieces, just fiberglass over the back side of the wood so that it helps reinforce the fiberglass.

Comment

So can you use any cloth to fiberglass? I thought you had to use specific mat, but they're saying they just put resin on whatever other cloth they stretched.

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
                          So can you use any cloth to fiberglass? I thought you had to use specific mat, but they're saying they just put resin on whatever other cloth they stretched.

i use fleece that i get at jo-ann fabrics for molds. i use regular fiberglass for reinforcement

Comment

So I probably shouldn't do the whole thing in fleece, just the first layer?

Comment

I got a 1.3" drop, think the BC2 kit will be too low for everyday driving?

and yea, the splitter makes it look like a sportsplow LOL
                              2002 Protege LX
                              ] Eibach Pro Springs [] Tokico HP shocks [] AWR rear swaybar [] PIAA Super Plasma GT-X [] custom CAI [] 30% all-around tints [] 17" Flik Wasps / Kumho Ecsta 711 tires [] APC Eurotails [

Comment

Working...
                              X