X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

core support removal

yes, it's wrecked
    yes, there is frame damage

but, instead of buying a new car and taking on car payments, since i have some invaluable family resources, my wonderful pro, that was just about to go through a repaint, WILL live again.

it's all front end stuff...
    not sure how, really, because the accident was: clip curb on 90degree bend in offramp, somehow fly sideways into ditch, both driver side tires off the rim.

parts i know i need to replace:
    -a/c components
    -radiator
    -core support

-bumper
    -fenders
    -hood
    -headlights

seeing as how i was going in to sand\repaint it with my dad (he's head painter\bodyman at a collision center) in the next few weekends, and i already had front end damage, the body parts have long been purchased and waiting to go on.
    thankfully, the frame damage is not TOO bad, and it fixable
    the items in bold are all i need to worry about for now, but i probably need a new hood latch\cable too... i'm sad about the radiator... i had a nice all metal Performance Radiator one.

i need a core support, but i don't really know how one would go about getting it out of a junkyard car, it being welded in and all...
    anybody have one lying around?
    justin
    Protege - 1993 - White - LX - AT - 170k miles
    installed--- Glass Sunroof, ZX2 S\R struts, Eibachs, custom intake, mp3 headunit, Enkei RS6 16" wheels

as in the radiator support right? I have one that I'd have to cut out of my parts car....Its allready just about stripped all id have to do is take out the H/L's and bumper support. It might be a little tweaked though as the car has been rolled. If you are interested let me know and I will check it out and make sure there is nothing wrong with it. Are you sure yours cant be straightened out a little bit.

Comment

Part number for entire radiator support assembly: BR70-53-100J
      Hood latch support(bar that runs vertical in the center (dunno if that includes the latch itself): B455-53-35YA
      I wanted to replace mine too, but I dunno how to weld.
      Last edited by charles; 05-07-2004, 12:08 AM.
      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

thanks
        i looked at it again on saturday (took some pictures too, that i will upload later...)
        thankfully the core support is repairable, it turns out.
        and really, i need the hood latch, and the vertical support most of all...
        i hope that's not welded in...
        a/c is fine, but i need a new fan, and radiator is fine, but i need a new fan shroud.

i bent a strut in the back too, so i'm going to get zx2 struts, and probably sprints, just for the hell of it.

i'm going to the junkyard at lunch tomorrow to see what i can get... hope i find one with a/c

anybody know if the stock radiator fan will fit on a Performance Radiator?

and i'm still going through a repaint in a couple weeks.
        shiny all white.
        shaved emblems and body color moldings and such.
        Last edited by sixhex; 05-11-2004, 09:57 PM.
        justin
        Protege - 1993 - White - LX - AT - 170k miles
        installed--- Glass Sunroof, ZX2 S\R struts, Eibachs, custom intake, mp3 headunit, Enkei RS6 16" wheels

Comment

thankfully the core support is repairable, it turns out.
          Repairable in what way?

Notice my thread a few threads down:p:

http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7642
          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Working...
          X