g1 & g2 strut differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

g1 & g2 strut differences

just wondering what the differences for the struts between the g1 and g2 protege's are? will they interchange? i front-drivers mazdaspeed has been damaged for some time now, and i'm looking for a new one.
    maybe the g1 and g2 struts will interchange?
    probably not, but who knows...maybe?
    late
    Almost there

jdm tails... check
    jdm bumper... check
    ms lip... check
    ms grill... check
    ms sideskirts... check
    ms rear skirts... check
    ms spoiler... check
    ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
    Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Never heard of them interchanging, sorry. 1st/2nd/3rd gen parts hardly interchange, except maybe short shifters, and some wheels/tires
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Me and Wil went through this a while ago...
      the 1st and 2nd gens use different struts.
      They look very similar but the width of the actual spring is wider on the 2nd gen than on the 1st gen. So they won't interchange.
      Which basically won't let you use the shocks..

did you say you bent a mazdaspeed shock .. how the hell did you do that

photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

not bent

no i didn't bend the strut. it was installed with the stock spring and the threaded shaft somehow stripped itself, so all the threading that is left is on top of the strut. now there is play when i hit a bump or anything not so smooth on the road. the "play" is between the top strut nut and the strut mount.

how about if i were to use coilovers? would the struts still interchange? some of the koni's specials(reds) seem interesting.

if not, i'll have to give derrick a call.lol
        Almost there

jdm tails... check
        jdm bumper... check
        ms lip... check
        ms grill... check
        ms sideskirts... check
        ms rear skirts... check
        ms spoiler... check
        ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
        Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

Working...
        X