engine problem! 03 ES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine problem! 03 ES

I was driving earlier, stopped for gas, then as i restarted my car and pulled away everything seemed fine. Once i came to a stop sign, the car suddenly began to idle wildly, going from 400-1200 RPM. Nothing's wrong as far as driving goes - no loss of power, no ackward noises. The only thing ive noticed is that the engine shakes more than usual, which can be felt inside. I guess i'll just take it to the dealer since its under warranty. Only 10,800 miles on it right now
    If anyone has suggestions to look at, let me know please.

2003 Sunlight Silver ES 5 Speed
    www.cardomain.com/id/bigwoo23

There seems to be an epidemic in MI, everyone seems to think that painting your car isn't cool anymore, and people drive around with more primer than paint. What is the world coming to?

A freaky idle could be a vacuum leak. A friend of mine had a similar problem with her old 626; if I remember right it was a crack in the throttle body that caused her leak. Should be a warranty thing.
    ~Mark.
    2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

Sounds like the EGR valve is sticking .
      98 protege lx 1.8l
      short ram intake custom
      crane hi-6 ign.
      14 miata alloy wheels
      .50 over pistons and some other tricks .

my protege

Comment

I was going to say that it sounds like a sticky throttle or something, it happens every now and then on our LX, nothing seems to be wrong afterward and the car seems to have done this since I can remeber, don't know why it didn't bother me at all, the car seems to run fine otherwise. Anyway, let me know what the dealer says.
        2003 Protege5
        Midnight Blue MTX
        2002 Protege LX
        Black Mica MTX

Comment

Working...
        X