Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grey interior swap

Whats up guys,

So yesterday I finished painted the inserts for the rear door panels. You can pick up fabric paint at any local auto shop. As with any spray painting, do light coats. Between each coating, take you hand and massage the material so as to keep it from getting stiff (ie: what happens when you run your hands through your gelled hair) You want to make sure its nice soft and fuzzy again before you apply your 2nd and 3rd coats, as needed.

Heres a pic of my finished rear doors. I'll have the fronts done by next week.
    Attached Files
    Patrick Sean-Tiu Santiago

Current state:240 whp and 215.6 ft/lbs torque
    FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
    Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Looks really nice

Comment

did you do the whole door and made everything dark grey or did you do just the inserts?? im thinking about doing something like this also ( just the inserts)

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
        did you do the whole door and made everything dark grey or did you do just the inserts?? im thinking about doing something like this also ( just the inserts)

all i painted was the inserts. i used painters tape around the insert, took off the plastic piece around the power window out and sprayed. i'll take pics of the fronts when i do them today. =)

FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
        Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

coolio... it looks realy good. what was the inserts before? was it light grey with like lil color dots in it kinda? thats what I have and I think its fugly

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
            coolio... it looks realy good. what was the inserts before? was it light grey with like lil color dots in it kinda? thats what I have and I think its fugly

lol i know what you mean. here's a pic of the front door panel with only one coat. i usually do three total.
            Attached Files

FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
            Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

dude it almost looks CF looking(or atleast in the pics).. lol thats bad ass. lol i know my next cheap mod now!

Comment

That's sweet bro, I like how that came out.
                It's nice to know we still have 2nd gen protege owners that like to share info.
                photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                  That's sweet bro, I like how that came out.
                  It's nice to know we still have 2nd gen protege owners that like to share info.
                  I finally took the time to go to CS and install the door panels. Pretty simple swap. The 95-96 panel fits slightly different but nothing noticable. The front panels bolt on at every point except for one. Where the 97-98 has a plastic screw in the part of the door closest to the hood, the 95-96 uses a metal screw and has a screw point 2 inches closer to the center of the panel. No probs it works fine. I'll have pics when I charge up my cam and get my ass back to CS.

everything looks good just need the center pillars and doors sills and i'm good, then its time to change out the carpet and header.

FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
                  Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

Got any pics of the entire interior?
                    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Project323 has the sweetest protege i've ever seen you should post more pictures of it. How many inches did you lowered it?

Comment

Originally posted by project_p
                        Project323 has the sweetest protege i've ever seen you should post more pictures of it. How many inches did you lowered it?

Everyone has their own style. I tend to go for the cleaner less dramatic JDM look.

I dropped it with the B+G Extreme springs 60mm (2.4 in). I suggest using a camber bolt afterward or your front tires will wear on the inside.

btw nice handle =)

I'll take mor pics today of the engine bay. any other requests?

FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
                        Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Project323
                          Everyone has their own style. I tend to go for the cleaner less dramatic JDM look.

I dropped it with the B+G Extreme springs 60mm (2.4 in). I suggest using a camber bolt afterward or your front tires will wear on the inside.

btw nice handle =)

I'll take mor pics today of the engine bay. any other requests?

The handle derived from Project D haha. Since I get my car sideways in the winter time.
                          My Dropzone springs are in the mail and should be here sometime this week. The sad thing is that it's only a 2" drop. I was gonna get the coilovers but the spring rate would be too high if I were to lowered it 4", it would look nice but ride comfort would suck ass.
                          Post lots of pics so I could get "ideas" hahaha. The exact look I was going for clean JDM sleeper.

Comment

Working...
                          X