it may be the end for me and my pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it may be the end for me and my pro

well as i posted awhile back i told you all about my frame damage ( http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...=&threadid=371 )

well today i drove it down to see what it would cost for me to get it professionally repaired, the finished ruff estimate was $400-$500 CDN to have it totally repaired

now for me thats a large amount of money, i get 388 ruffly a paycheck at my job and i have rent and car insurance, i will be able to fix it before my safety inspection,
    but i find myself asking if its worth it or not, i mean the car looks great and runs A1(burns oil alot tho) but im at the point where is it worth it to fix a 13yr old car only to have the engine go out or something stupid like that,

its not like i can afford another car but it would be nice to have a new pro but yea no money, my parts car cant be resurected because of so much stuff broken and/or missing.

i dunno let me hear what you guys gotta say, im more than likley going to repair it but its really gonna hurt

urgh this blows
    No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

It seems to me that you have no alternative but to run the car until it dies. Save some money, and try to fix the oil leak. It could be a blown gasket that you need to replace, and thats something you probably can do yourself. Though, how serious is the frame problem? Can you get into trouble with authorities, insurance?
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

If you have the money to buy a new car, wheather pro or whatever else... go ahead and do it ..
      If it's not worth it to fix then drive it till the new car comes and then sell it and get what money you can get.
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

i understand the being broke part. ok your car is 13years old. it is leaking oil. i doubt your engine will suddendly go. engines have tendancy to warn you before they just go. if the frame is fuked then you wont be able to see it for more than 500. but if you were to fix the frame you could get almost 3000 for it.

think about that too....
        When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
        Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
        Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
        So his engine he goosed
        With much too much boost,
        And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

the guy who quoted me on the price said it was pretty exstensive damage to the floor pan/frame and sill

the frame is so mangled he said that he would have to go in throught the back seat to fix it hence the high price, and yes that part of the frame is not unsafe but after awhile it will after driving in corners and under heavy braking bend and will probally cause a spin out or a car accident, not worth it

my parents have opted for me to buy a new car which im going to jump on, ive made my desion to stay mazda protege cuz i know the car front to back in the dark, so i will be able to pick something suitible for me, only problem is i ahve untill the end of nov to find one and finding one is another problem

ill figure it out....somehow

Comment

whats ur price limit?...what color do u want? would u be willing to settle for one with a cf hood ? :p:

Comment

hey semtex you mean a mazda 3 right? :-)
              Tag Team

Comment

Mazda 3s are ugly, I will never submit. It pains me to say it, but there is a Honda I'd rather have than that 3. (Boy that was painful to type.)
                ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

eww i hate 3s

ive already got a line on a few pros in my area for my price range, but its all bout test driving and fixxing them up now

but on the plus side ill have 3 mazdas and 2 donor cars muahaha the parts place will never see me again

i may fix up my red one when i get the money coming in and eventually give it to my parents for a present, after all they are buying my next car, i got awsome parents

Comment

oh? so they are buyin ya a new car eh?... guess this means i dont gotta feel sorr yan lend ya soem LOL j/k.. umm if i remember correctly theres an auctio nat the mazda dealership... black book prices.. . so dirt cheap.. i doubt there will eb any 1st gens.. but it never hurts to look.. it ends sat i belive.
                    Pewter Silver 92 DX 5 Spd 1.8L SOHC
                    -Stainless steel MagnaFlow exhaust with a double walled tip.
                    -205/50/15 Bridgestone Potenza RE910 rubber
                    -B&M Short Throw Shifter
                    -MX-3 GS front seats
                    -Front an Rear upper strut braces

(LOOKING FOR A CAI FOR MY SOHC !!!!)
                    (GT-X on the way as I type)

Comment

Originally posted by Vormav
                      oh? so they are buyin ya a new car eh?... guess this means i dont gotta feel sorr yan lend ya soem LOL j/k.. umm if i remember correctly theres an auctio nat the mazda dealership... black book prices.. . so dirt cheap.. i doubt there will eb any 1st gens.. but it never hurts to look.. it ends sat i belive.
                      been there done that

Comment

Working...
                      X