Turn Signal Troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn Signal Troubles

I have two mazda proteges, both are 1991. One is a red DX, the other a silver/gray LX. I just purchased the LX about a week ago, and it was just fine, only a couple of minor things were wrong with it. I bought it for 1300 dollars, drove it back and it was fine.

A week later, I turn the steering wheel and the signals turn on in the direction that I turn the wheel. It's really pretty annoying. I know others have had his problem, as I found a thread started a while back HERE.

Nobody really said how they fixed it. Protoss apparently fixed his, but all he said was the cause of the problem, not how he fixed it. Any ideas how to fix it?

There is a little plastic ring that moves to turn the signal on and off, this could be broken,
    the best way to check is to pull the steering wheel off, when that comes off you will be able to see all the components of the turning signal.....pulling the steering wheel off itsn't a hard job at all, very easy....
    94 Protege DX SOHC 1.8l 5 Speed
    (DaPro)

its better to wait and save then to waste money on crap to get you by....

Comment

I'll have to wait until tomorrow after work to take off the wheel and see what I can see. Any more specifics on what I'm looking for?

Comment

Working...
      X