turbo install soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo install soon

ok, so my dad is about to get back from ireland finally hes been gone for a month, so we are gonna start working on puttin my bp in and put on the turbo. its stock wastegate is set at 9psi. its a rhb5 spec vf. right now for fuel supply i have a walbro 255 and an aftermarket adjustable fuel pressure regulator. i was wondering if i need to get aftermarket injectors to run this safely. if not when would i need them for at what amount of boost. i just got the head rebuilt and motor so its about ready to go.

Hey man, sounds like you are taking the same path as me. No you wont need new injectors unless you start getting past 12 psi or so. But in order to do that you will have to build the engine and get a stand alone comp. For 9psi a rising rate fuel pressure regulator is fine. Just make sure you have enough fuel. Youll need a fuel pressure gauge and an air.fuel to make sure no problems are coming. Just remember for every psi of boost you will need 6 psi of additional fuel pressure.
    so for our bp the high psi for fuel is 40 or 45 i think. So for 9 psi its.
    9psiboost * 6psiFuel = 54psi over stock pressure so 94fuel psi or 99fuel psi depending on what the stock pressure is. Youll need a fuel pres gauge to tune that.
    sigpic

Comment

thanks for ur help, i got the gauges and all, i was just seeing if i could have the proper amount of fuel with the aftermarket regulator and a pump, not planning on going n e higher than what its set at. thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
      X