Reving Q(kind of odd I know)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reving Q(kind of odd I know)

Ok so we've all seen F&F... and you know that white RX7 thats whats her face races out in the desert..... what did he do to make his car rev that fast and drop off that fast? at first I Thought it sounded like crap but now im like.. that sounds kinda cool...

I got bored last night so I watched the movie again last night...and if anyones interested or cares.. the sequal comes out on the 30th

Well, that is an RX-7, and you do know that there is a rotary in there. And rotary engine rev up and down very fast. The only way for your internal combustion engine to sound and/or perform like that you will need to bring a lot of air into the car, and get it out of there just as fast. I noticed that since I put a cold-air into my car, it revs up a bit faster.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

hmmm interesting... i knew that rx7's reved faster but didnt really know why or if they all did that

Comment

Its the wankel, man. I went to an auto-x event once, and there was an RX-7 with every possible bell and whistle on it. The car had a rev limited on it @ 11K RPM, and when they dynoed the car, it reached 13K - easy.

Comment

Well, another way to get your car to rev up a bit faster is to put a lightweight flywheel on your car. When you get a lightweight flywheel, its best to also get a new clutch.. perhaps a stage 1 clutch. So in a way, the best way to accelerate is to not only lower the weight of your car and performance mods, but to also lighten up the motor and that would include lightweight products such as Under Drive Pulleys and such. If you got a 1.5l tho, you're probably out of luck lol. I know there is a lightweight pulley for the 1.5l. The company who makes it is called indigo i think. or it may be indiglo. I'm not positive but i know they make it for that car.
          Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

Originally posted by Torped0
            Well, another way to get your car to rev up a bit faster is to put a lightweight flywheel on your car. When you get a lightweight flywheel, its best to also get a new clutch.. perhaps a stage 1 clutch. So in a way, the best way to accelerate is to not only lower the weight of your car and performance mods, but to also lighten up the motor and that would include lightweight products such as Under Drive Pulleys and such. If you got a 1.5l tho, you're probably out of luck lol. I know there is a lightweight pulley for the 1.5l. The company who makes it is called indigo i think. or it may be indiglo. I'm not positive but i know they make it for that car.
            Last time I checked, Indigo only made the pulley for 1.8L, but I will check that out, maybe I am missing out!

Comment

no no no .. for the pullies its only 1.8, but for the flywheel , they have it for the 1.5 l

Comment

Originally posted by Torped0
                no no no .. for the pullies its only 1.8, but for the flywheel , they have it for the 1.5 l
                Ohh, yeah, the flywheel they do indeed. I wish I had a stick all along. I have a feeling that auto tranny is going to haunt me with a lack of performance parts FOREVER!

Comment

Ya 439 dollars is pretty steep for a minor increase in speed. Thats y i want the 1.8l so I can do ALOT more including da pullies and da flywheel and internal work. Man i really want a 1.8l

Comment

Can yall post the URL to this site. Im thinking since the 97-98 1.5 and 1.8 use the same tranny, the 1.5l flywheel might work for the 1.8l too. Worth a look because fast revs means badass acceleration.
                    sigpic

Comment

I dun have da page but do a search for indigo speed products.

Comment

Working...
                      X