Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOV help

HI!

What's your opinion about this BOV?(Stage III in the following link)

Is it works good?Do you know something about that?
    Thanx for help!

What kind of setup do have you right now?? 1st 2nd or 3rd gen??? We would need some more info to be able to give you advice on if it's a good choice for your particular setup.

93' 5spd DX
    R.I.P

Comment

I'll make a turbo conversion in about one or two month.That's why i need a not too expensive BOV.
      My setup will be:
      -first gen, 1.8 DOHC engine
      -Garrett t25 turbo from a turbocharged Alfa romeo 164 (i'm in Europe)
      -custom manifold
      -2.5 coll exhaust system
      -some kind of intercooler(i didn't buy it yet)
      -RX7 fuel pump
      -DSM 450 cc injectors
      -stand alone engine management system, with WBO2, EGT,knock sensor and boost controller)
      I'd like about 8PSI boost for street, and 15PSI for weekend race if possible.
      So do you think this BOV will work for me or i'll have to buy some better, more expensive BOV?

Comment

never heard of them before, but it dont look too bad, seems a bit big, 7 inches long, thats kinda bulky sounding, they say its a full race bov, not too sure bout that, but it does say it can handle 45 psi of boost, so you never know. im sure you can find a name brand, thats proven to be good, for less or what your paying for that one. just a thought tho.
        .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
        225.94wtq
        torque monster!!!!
        dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
        http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
        http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

it depends on how much boost your gonna run. it looks like any other aftermarket BOV. the same set up as a turbo X, basic diaphram and heavy spring. unless your gonna run 15psi and above, i'd almost get a 1st gen eclipse one. its good till 15 and above.
          i hate being broke!

Comment

Yeah.. you're better off just buying a 1st Gen Eclipse BOV from a junkyard. If you "crush" those BOVs they could handle a LOT of boost, around
            25psi or so..
            Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
            you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

Comment

Thanks for help guys!I think i'll buy a smaller bov. But i will buy a bov that doesn't recirculate the air into the intake. I like that laud sqssssss sound)
              And what do you think about my turbo?What HP does it capable at 14-15 PSI?Should i buy a bigger one? Unfortunately i couldn't find any compressor map about this turbo. I'd like 230-250 WHP.

Comment

Ooups! I forget to say that you can find some more info about my project in the following site:

Bye!

Comment

Working...
                X