What Muffler should i get??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Muffler should i get??

I went to the nearest muffler shop in my area and the dude there told me that a Magnaflow muffler would be nice for me DX Pro. im a little hesitant on doing this. unfortunatlely i forgot what model Magnaflow he said but i was just wondering if Magnaflow is a good brand for a Pro?

If not, what other mufflers are nice for a Gen1 Pro?

Anything that doesnt attract those cops but still has the roar thats quality.

Magnaflow's tend to sound real nice on a 1st gen, I say go for it.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

I have one on mine and also the high flow cat...
      1992 Protege DX - 5 spd (bought new in '92)
      1999 Tahoe LT - 2wd<---got IVANized now we have a 1999 Suburban LT
      2005 Keystone Outback 21' TT
      2007 Volvo S40
      ~~~Hawaiian Style~~~

cardomain.com/memberpage/621985
      cardomain.com/memberpage/643906
      weedlesswillie.com

Comment

Cool thanx a lot guys, what do you guys think of a total of $190 US dollars for the Magnaflow muffler, muffler tip, and installation?

Comment

That doesn't sound too bad. How much is the muffler it's self? I can't see it costing anymore than $20 - $30 for installation, and around $15 for the tip, so gauge it from there.
          2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

i have a flowmaster 40 series muffler on mine. it sounds very deep and very mean
            Serenity's Dead.

Comment

The muffler wid the tip is 90 bucs, and the installation is 100 bucs. so...

Comment

Hey Kiddx, have you ever had problems wid the police? because i heard the flowmasters were ****ing loud!

Comment

Originally posted by Etron
                  The muffler wid the tip is 90 bucs, and the installation is 100 bucs. so...
                  There's no way in hell it should cost $100 to cut off the old muffler and weld the new one on. I say tops, $30.
                  2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Really, i dunno man. i guess it costs more since im in Cali. but ima go and find the prices of other places. thanx Marc.

Comment

Originally posted by Etron
                      Really, i dunno man. i guess it costs more since im in Cali. but ima go and find the prices of other places. thanx Marc.
                      Meh, yeah that could be why. I know when I had my 1st muffler welded on it was only $20.
                      2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

I've got full 2.5" mandrel bent SS exhaust, with a Genie SS resonator and hi-flow cat(both 2.5"), with an OBX muffler. I had an OBX muffler before and loved the sound, so I got another one. My exhaust sounds awesome, although it's crazy loud. I've never had any problems with the police though, but a lot of that has to do with where I live. Cops have better things to do than pull people over for exhaust noise here......

Comment

i have a magnaflow on my 323 and i had one on my pro as well and i love them. they sound awesome and i don't think i will ever go with another brand lol!
                          '91 323 SE
                          Sony 12" Sub and amp - 17" Motegi MR7's wrapped in 205/40/zr Visa's - Protoss CAI - Magnaflow Exhaust - Indiglo Gauges and Carbon Fiber Bezel - Ractive Shift Knob, Boot, and Pedals - GroundControls

Coming Soon- Kartboy SS, Pakfeifer Front Bumper
                          <center></center>

<a href="mailto://67mustangjosh@gmail.com">67mustangjosh@gmail dot com</a>

Comment

flowmaster and a nice tip.
                            Current Cars
                            2003 Nissan 350z. Touring Edition, Pike's Peak White and dark tint. Some audio work. Twin turbo swap and more audio work over the winter. Wheels and springs this winter.

Past Mazdas
                            1994 Mazda Protege DX. DOHC swap in progress. Sold due to a move
                            1992 Mazda Protege DX. BPT (GT-X) swap w. Haltech & MSD. Sold before it saw the road
                            1996 Ford Probe GT. Flawless. 5-speed. Kept stock. Sold for an LS1

Comment

I've got dtm on mine, it sounds almost like a regular muffler at idle, but when its at full throttle its deep and badass. but it gets a little annoying on the highway, listening to music, with our damn high rpm 5th.
                              cone filter, pacesetter shortshifter, 15 in. used slicks on stock steelies, dropped with zx2 struts and eibach springs, custom crush bent 2 1/2 inch piping, catco freeflow cat, DTM muffler, cams n turbo UNDERWAY.

Comment

Working...
                              X