Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinkin about Puttin some 19ins on tha pro...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinkin about Puttin some 19ins on tha pro...

What do yall think about me puttin 19in on the pro... Will they fit ... If so where could I get some 19in rims that will fit my bolt pattern... I think That would be bad ass some 19in on a Lil car...
    Ratrod

Naw man... It'd look weird. I wouldn't do it. Good luck making them fit though... if you decided on getting a set of 19"s.

Comment

The boys I hang with they all got 20s and 22s and I have 17s so I want to go bigger to 19s
      Ratrod

Comment

Don't 17s already raise the car up a little bit? You'd have trouble steering with 19's.

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectProtege
          The boys I hang with they all got 20s and 22s and I have 17s so I want to go bigger to 19s
          So, if your boys jumped off a bridge, would you do it too?

19's will be an overkill for the Protege. I doubt they'll fit and even if they did it will not look good. Proportions will be way off. I sometimes think that 17's are a bit big, let alone 19s.

- Thread moved to proper section of the forum!
          -------------------------
          '91 LX
          '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
          -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
          well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Wouldn't 19's be really really heavy too? Just from a performance standpoint. . . I wouldn't do it. If you pull it off more power to you though! Good luck!

Comment

Thanks and down here everybody got big rims so that is why I was thinkin my pro is a suv. lololol
              Ratrod

Comment

I really doubt they would fit. And if by some miracle they did, I can forsee lots of rubbing...lots. You may look like your "big baller" friends, but the car will be slower than ****. Don't expect any acceleration, handling, etc. I don't know how the roads in the area you live are, but with the rubber bands that go around a 19" wheel, you run the risk of bending the rim over the slightest of bumps.

Comment

it will look dumb...the ones you have now look funny, dont go any bigger.
                  According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Thanks FUNNY I go slow as it is now and all I do is cruize...
                    Ratrod

Comment

How about you paint your car first???
                      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Paraphrase of what proto2k said: if you put 19's on, you won't be able to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
                          Paraphrase of what proto2k said: if you put 19's on, you won't be able to cruise.
                          Correct. I guess some people need the abridged version.

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectProtege
                            Thanks FUNNY I go slow as it is now and all I do is cruize...
                            I say keep your wheels, and get those neons on. It'll look sweet.

Comment

yeah on the pro the biggest that will fit is 18's ... i think 17s are perfect for the pro

Comment

Working...
                              X