Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damned CAI

Gregg! damn your CAI. lol. j/k

Ever since I put the damn thing on the car boggs pretty bad after she warms up a bit. Did you (or anyone else for that matter) have a problem with this and how did you correct it?
    Sagaris

I had the same problems.... you might wanna check the thread I started on this issue.

Comment

After all your crap about "no engine mods" the first one you do screws up? That sucks.

Comment

which CAI is it?

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
        RB springs
        Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
        MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

all my crap!?!?! LOL
          THANKS!

Lil Freek I dont know.
          Sagaris

Comment

It's the Ebay one. GOLDPRO was having the same problems too.

Comment

Looks like you're getting the hesitation lots of people with the 1.6 + CAI are experiencing. Protetype has a solution, if you do a quick search for hesitation.
              Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

which ebay intake is it? I orderedo ne but hey i havent even had mine sent out yet aint that a buncha **** i got screwed
                2003 Mazda Protege LX
                Laser Blue
                www.cardomain.com/id/thejackyl
                Old Car
                1998 Kia Sephia LS
                Custom Front Bumper, motegi gunmetal mr7s wrapped in Nitto 450 Xtremes, OBX exhaust, Custom CAI, CUstom interior

Comment

I took the damn thing off I have never had so many problems in my life.
                  Sagaris

Comment

Just goes to show that girls shouldn't be working on engines :p:

Comment

^^ **** you.
                      Im not trying to be mean but throw me a bone here. (please keep the perverted coments to a minimum)
                      I have done tons of things to engines. From clutches to timing belts. Its not my ****ing fault that the damned CAI doesnt want to work for me. I dont know what the damn problem is. I tried everything and now I have 3 codes. 1. the intake is getting too much air 2. the MAF isnt getting enough air and now 3. my 2nd cyl is mis firing and I need a new coil because the plug is arching. Im really glad I didnt spend the retail price for or I would be really mad. No its not Gregg's fault, I am in no way blaming him. Eventually when I get the coil Im going to reinstall the CAI and mess with it some more because I really like having it on my car. Im just having a hard time understanding wtf is going wrong with the damn thing.
                      Last edited by Motegi; 05-15-2004, 08:42 AM.
                      Sagaris

Comment

The :p: was in there for a very specific reason. I have no doubt you know far more about engines than I do, and for that matter far more about cars in general. I guess I picked a bad time to joke about it, so please accept my apologies.

Comment

I'm glad I never put this CAI on my car.

Comment

you never put it on your car? I didnt know that!
                            lol.

No accept my apologies jnorion. Im sorry I shouldnt have gone off like that. I just got out of the car when I posted this and I was aggrivated at the way it was driving with the mis firing cylinder.
                            Sagaris

Comment

Originally posted by Motegi
                              you never put it on your car? I didnt know that!
                              lol.
                              If I knew it wasn't going to work I wouldn't have sold it to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X