Tranny problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tranny problems

I just got my trans fluid changed and now I'm having a lot of problems. Sounds like the cv is rattling and 2nd gear is really rough to get into. But sofar any other gear is going fine. Im just starting 1st and jumping 3rd for the time being. My pro only has 65,000 miles on it. And I dont know if this is a common problem of what... but the clutch feels great still.. thats what worries me.

Maybe your syncro's are going?
    what Gear Oil did you put in the car?
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

whatever they put at the dealership.

Comment

and how do i check my syncros?

Comment

I know usually when people have problems getting the car in gear, it tends to be the synchro's. But I would suggest you take it back to the dealer and make them fix it.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Oh, Im going to, but if I cant find a way to get them to fix it.. how much are we looking at here to get new syncros?

Comment

Hard for me to say.
              I do think it will be a lot of money for the labor time. The parts may not run you much of anything, but the labor may be the butt kicker.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Any kind of tranny labor is killer. Most times they have to pull out half the innerds to get at the damn stuff.

Comment

the biggest problem that most mazdas face is that mechanics fill manually trannys from the wrong hole. It happened to my 91 prote and cost me my tranny. check the fluid level through the top @ the speedo cable/gear
                  Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

they put the wrong fluid in. They told me they didnt.. but i saw the guy change the fluid again.
                    Shady place.. so im not going there ever again.

Comment

Working...
                    X