Run a 45 shot or not>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run a 45 shot or not>

My car has 110k miles, compression is 150 125 150 150. I want to run like a 45 or 50 shot, dry, just to learn a bit about nitrous. I have a spare BP motor that im currently building up and hopefuly it will take a good 75-100 shot. Now, I cant afford to blow my engine up as I need my car everyday, and my other BP isnt done yet. So do you think I will blow my engine if i strapped a small shot on or do you think it will be ok?? Thanks
    Eat ****.

Re: Run a 45 shot or not>

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
    My car has 110k miles, compression is 150 125 150 150. I want to run like a 45 or 50 shot, dry, just to learn a bit about nitrous. I have a spare BP motor that im currently building up and hopefuly it will take a good 75-100 shot. Now, I cant afford to blow my engine up as I need my car everyday, and my other BP isnt done yet. So do you think I will blow my engine if i strapped a small shot on or do you think it will be ok?? Thanks
    Start out with a 35 shot, make sure your fuel system is up to par (fuel pump,filter,injectors) you should be ok.

Comment

Since you're building up a nitrous car anyway, I'd start out really safe...

Run the small 35 shot, get all the saftey electronics, progressive system, timing retard unit, bottle heater, everything. And of course little stuff like colder plugs, etc.

That way, on your new motor, all you'll need to do it put in the bigger jets and set the electronics.

If your clutch is weak, that'll be the first to go if you're fueling system is up to par.
      "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
      -93 MR2, 129 ES
      ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
      Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

I 've done 60 shot in the Z5 a couple times. I had 3 degrees retard and 92 octane. did in 2 and 3 rd gears. no problem whatsoever. kit is a dry, nos 5122.

good idea to follow these:

1st 92 up octane (boosters are worthless, increase 0.02 octane)
        2 nd retard timing (3 degrees to relax)
        3 rd NGK (1.99U$ each) colder 6 is ok
        4 th make sure fuel filter is reasonable new
        5 th make sure fuel pump is ok
        6 th make sure fuel injectors aren't clogged or damaged somehow

HINT: make sure you are at WOT for a couple sec BEFORE you turn on the switch. I 've noticed that my pro takes a few sec (2-3sec) to go crazy rich at WOT. A sudden spike of gas into a leaner cylinder is enough to .... click. If you have a o2 meter you know what I am talking about.

peace
        Ex-nitrado, now only CAIdo

Comment

Re: Run a 45 shot or not>

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
          W/ a small shot like 40-50 you shall be fine..If you are really lookin to get a 75-100shot..I would suggest direct port..it is the best nitrous setup money can buy!

Chas

Comment

ooo direct port is nice. You can also get a CRANE or NOS nitrous controller that makes your nitrous work like a turbo set up and go easy on the engine. No sudden kicks....
            Ex-nitrado, now only CAIdo

Comment

Working...
            X