Shake rattle N pop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shake rattle N pop

Coming from the rear when braking under 20 MPH. Is it brakes? (stupid drums) Is it newly installed swaybar? Am I hearing things?

I'm guessing it's the drums, cause last time I heard similar noise was on my 98 Sentra, and it was the rear drums, and the repair cost me $300 (that was before I got into modding, cause I prolly woulda saved on labor).

I looked around the forums and any disc conversion ideas I had were pretty much wiped away, so.... what now?
    2002 Protege LX
    ] Eibach Pro Springs [] Tokico HP shocks [] AWR rear swaybar [] PIAA Super Plasma GT-X [] custom CAI [] 30% all-around tints [] 17" Flik Wasps / Kumho Ecsta 711 tires [] APC Eurotails [

If you have the adjustable end links with your AWR sway bar...watch out! If you don't keep them greased/oiled they will clunk and make noise like mad. It sounds like hell on earth if you let them go (at least mine does), and with a quick spray of WD-40...silence again.

I have been searching for ideas for a way to enclose the open bearings more, but I have been rather unsuccessful. You have any ideas?

Comment

mine clunked and it stopped when I added my MSP struts...
      2000 DX, Blue
      Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
      2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

Working...
      X