Horn Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horn Problem

My horn keeps honking for no reason. I was at a Rest. today eating and a guy comes in and asked who had the red mazda outside. Cos the horn was blarring. I was like WTF. So I go out and it sure is. So I hit the wheel and it stopped. Then on the way home every once in awhile it does it again. So I get home and take the pad off and the copper plate if thats what it is. The foam that looks like a backing for it is all falling apart. So I tried to bend the copper parts away from the contacts to keep it from honking. I put it back together and as soon as I put one of the 3 screws back(I guess they ground the conn) it starts again. So for now I just put it back together w/o pluging in the wire. Any help Please!!
    Or if ya think I need a new pad do ya have one on the cheap,cos I'm still w/o a job and $$ is tight.
    Last edited by dxprotege91; 05-13-2004, 06:49 PM.
    1991 Protege DX 5- Speed.Tilt Wheel Cone filter with adapter. Red with Black interior
    1989 Mustang lx 5.0 vert Blue with white leather interior,pulleys and fender mount cold air kit FOR SALE

that happened to me, in a tunnel. its the horn pad
    Serenity's Dead.

Comment

happened to me next to a state trooper...gd disturbing the peace tickets

Comment

Originally posted by red90protegelx
        happened to me next to a state trooper...gd disturbing the peace tickets
        hahaha

Replace the horn pad, if I remember correctly it's not that expensive from the dealer -- like $8.
        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

i have the exact opposite problem.....my horn doesnt work at all.....it worked for a long time then 1 day it didnt......my cruise still works but, oh well i guess.....

edit: lol look at my post number...lol 666.....
          Last edited by KiddX; 05-13-2004, 01:21 AM.
          91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
          Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

You have the opposite problem, but I would bet the same solution.
            2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

I read a post about a year ago , replacing the foam inside the horn pad would solve the problem

I think it was @ protegeclub
              94 LX

Comment

I went to a mazda dealer today and ordered it for $8.40. Prob wont get it till Mon or Tue. Thx for the help.
                1991 Protege DX 5- Speed.Tilt Wheel Cone filter with adapter. Red with Black interior
                1989 Mustang lx 5.0 vert Blue with white leather interior,pulleys and fender mount cold air kit FOR SALE

Comment

yikes i hate dealers
                  NOW WITH SPINNER HUB CAPS

Comment

you dont really have to replace the padding, just kinda separate it so the 2 metal pieces wont be touching together. jimmy rig it so to speak. that happened to me last winter, it would go off from the condensation in the car, the 2 pieces would sorta touch, so i had to get up in the middle of the night and go outside in the freezing cold in my p.j's to disconnect the battery cable
                    cone filter, pacesetter shortshifter, 15 in. used slicks on stock steelies, dropped with zx2 struts and eibach springs, custom crush bent 2 1/2 inch piping, catco freeflow cat, DTM muffler, cams n turbo UNDERWAY.

Comment

lol i feal your pain dude
                      91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.