'99/'00 bumper on 2003?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'99/'00 bumper on 2003?

Has anyone tried to fit the stock bumper from a 99/00 model on any newer model? I like how it looks a lot better than my stock bumper. I'm wondering if it will need much more custom work than just cosmetic stuff to fill in the gaps around the headlights... mostly the mounting stuff.

as far as I am concerned you definitely will have a problem with the headlights and the grill....as far as mounting I think you should be fine....not 100% sure though...but why put an older bumper on the car, it isn't really different, is it except for what I mentioned above...
    2000 DX, Blue
    Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
    2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

actually i understand why you want to change...the lower grill portion is much different, and i think it looks better too...will be some fitment problems with the headlights and grill though...not really worth the effort when you can get a bumber from an aftermarket kit or MP3 bumper which looks much better

Comment

If you want the 99/00 bumper, you'd need new headlights, fenders, bumper reinforcement, etc etc etc.
        Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Negatize -- I was imagining fiberglassing in the corners to fit the new style headlights, and I wasn't sure about the fenders/reinforcement/etc.

TheMAN -- I hadn't seen that jspec bumper before. It's close enough that would probably work a lot better. Thanks.

Comment

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I came across this picture from Corksport's website and I'm wondering what the difference is between this jspec bumper and the one TheMAN posted above
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X