I'm so tired of...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so tired of...

not driving my car! Some of you may have noticed that I only have like 50 posts in the fwe months I'm here, and I used to be very active on the "old forums". Why?

Because my friggin car still doesn't run! I made the mistake of moving out, then losing a great paying job, and haven't had money since. I'm stuck with no intake and no exhaust, the protege just sitting there waiting for it...

well after a year of being down, I'm probably moving back home for a few months to save up some money, and get my baby running again!
    Current Cars
    2003 Nissan 350z. Touring Edition, Pike's Peak White and dark tint. Some audio work. Twin turbo swap and more audio work over the winter. Wheels and springs this winter.

Past Mazdas
    1994 Mazda Protege DX. DOHC swap in progress. Sold due to a move
    1992 Mazda Protege DX. BPT (GT-X) swap w. Haltech & MSD. Sold before it saw the road
    1996 Ford Probe GT. Flawless. 5-speed. Kept stock. Sold for an LS1

[why doesnt it have an intake and exhaust??
    Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
    you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

Comment

I hear ya on the moving out part. I have wanted to do that, but I think if I do things will really get tight. Once more cash is available, I will do so. I hope you can get your car running soon and get everything minty again.
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Should be getting things running again. I'm hopefully about to land a $40k web dev job, plus my lease is up so I'll be moving back in with the folks for a few months untill I find me a nice cheap 2 car garage. Good money + No rent = lots of mods on the protege to make up for lost time!
        Current Cars
        2003 Nissan 350z. Touring Edition, Pike's Peak White and dark tint. Some audio work. Twin turbo swap and more audio work over the winter. Wheels and springs this winter.

Past Mazdas
        1992 Mazda Protege DX. BPT (GT-X) swap w. Haltech & MSD. Sold before it saw the road

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
          I hear ya on the moving out part. I have wanted to do that, but I think if I do things will really get tight. Once more cash is available, I will do so. I hope you can get your car running soon and get everything minty again.
          you havent moved out yet? arent u like 27? and still live at home with ur folks? wtf?
          i is dumb

Comment

According to his profile he's 19...

Edit: Nevermind, wrong profile
            2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

I'm 20 Don't feel bad bruce, my sister is still at home and she has a bachelor's degree and full time job.

It doesn't have an intake and exhaust because it's turbo'ed, and I ran out of money/moved out right before taking it to the shop to get it done. There's no plumbing from the turbo to the manifold, or from the turbo to the muffler.
              Current Cars

Past Mazdas

Comment

must be nice....I dont think I would ever move back in with my folks...at least not for free I'd make it a point to pay rent. I cant stand feeling like I cant support myself or my family. I too am 19 and have a little girl.

I do wish though when I was still a minor I did WAY WAY more wiser things with my money then blow it and have not a damn thing to show for it.

Comment

I don't WANT to move back , but I was supposed to be movingin with a room mate into a nice house with a 2 car garage since we both have multiple cars. But we found out that EVERYONE over 18 has to make 2.5 times the gross rent after expenses. I do, but he's $200 short and for some reason they won't consider combined income.

So now I'm moving back with the folks for 2 months at the most, just to save up some cash, pay off some CC bills, and find a house that has a 2 car garage that I can afford
                  Current Cars

Past Mazdas

Comment

Originally posted by skr33t_rac3r
                    you havent moved out yet? arent u like 27? and still live at home with ur folks? wtf?
                    What's wrong with that?
                    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Originally posted by skr33t_rac3r
                      Yup sure do. I don't live with my parents though. I live with my grandmother. She's about 70 and could still kick your ass. lol just kidding. I am comfortable where I am, I help out with the Bills, I clean up the house and I also have a parking space. I don't think I want to waste my money on rent, at least not now. I would rather wait till have have a house down payment saved and then purchase a house.

However if I wanted to live on my own and pay rent, I could afford it. But I just don't see the point.

btw: I am 26 BITCH ............................................. j/k
                      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                        Yup sure do. I don't live with my parents though. I live with my grandmother. She's about 70 and could still kick your ass. lol just kidding. I am comfortable where I am, I help out with the Bills, I clean up the house and I also have a parking space. I don't think I want to waste my money on rent, at least not now. I would rather wait till have have a house down payment saved and then purchase a house.

However if I wanted to live on my own and pay rent, I could afford it. But I just don't see the point.

btw: I am 26 BITCH ............................................. j/k
                        Exact same thing for me, except I live with my parents and don't help with any bills. LOL Im 24, I have it pretty easy and Im not going anywhere soon, not until I can stand on my own two feet firmly. It's just not worth it until then.

back on topic...

Sux to have your car just sitting there, like a beast waiting to be unleashed. I think the wait will be worth it.
                        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Got that new job,....gonna take her in for intak and exhaust hopefully mid july. I fI move back in with the folks, I'll probably actually do the tranny and clutch as well.
                          Current Cars

Past Mazdas

Comment

reason number 300,000 why i hate you skreetracer, when you grow up you will see.
                            .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                            225.94wtq
                            torque monster!!!!
                            dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                            http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                            http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

I say, that if you have a great relationship with your folks then stay there as long as possible, get all you can out of life and enjoy it real good. That big bad world is real big and real nasty sometimes. I stayed at home until I was 23, then got married and not only moved out of home, but moved out of the country. I am glad I got to move out of home, but I was not wise with my money. I literally came here with no money. t was a real hard transition. So anywho.. Stay home, travel, spend, then save real good before getting out there.
                              Life is for living

Comment

Working...
                              X