Tranmission oil cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tranmission oil cooler

will a Tranmission oil cooler work on my 2nd gen 1.5L AT and with size to get.

If I am not mistaken, anit freeze already runs through the tranny though.

I am not sure about a tranny cooler. Hopefully somone can help you .
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

*Most* automatics that I have seen all have tranny coolers. They run lines to a side in the radiator. Thats why, alot of people running performance applications, even with a manual tranny will get a rad from an automatic version of their car. because they usually have an increased cooling capacity due to having to also cool the tranny fluid.
      An auxiliary trans cooler would not really be a bad thing.
      Ryan The middle child is always ignored
      BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

so the auxiliary Tranmission oil cooler will make my tranny work better and will help it to live longer.So what a good size to get

Comment

this might help. http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59612
          2001 Protege LX
          Appearence: 17" Gunmetal Exel Radius, EL Protege door sills, Painted emblems, CF radio surround, changed interior lights to blue LED's.
          Performance: Black injen CAI, 2.25" Magnaflow catback
          Other: 1st's grounding kit, Kartboy Exhaust hangers

Free Desktop PC complete an offer and i'll complete one of yours or give ya $5. pm me if you do.

Comment

Originally posted by mig360m
            so the auxiliary Tranmission oil cooler will make my tranny work better and will help it to live longer.So what a good size to get
            I can't say that it will do either since it all depends on your driving style in the long run of things.
            But yes, heat is the enemy of lubricants. If you realy want to get one, go for it.
            It definitely won't hurt, just make sure to mount it in front of the radiator/AC condensor.
            As far as the size, I don't know. Check out that link that was posted.
            Ryan The middle child is always ignored
            BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
            Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Working...
            X