my ditch experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my ditch experience

i took pictures of it at the shop on saturday, i thought i'd share that one...
    the frame work was monday, so it's sitting pretty now...
    and this weekend comes the body parts, and making it driveable again.
    i'll probably be missing a/c for awhile though, since the a/c fan is broken, and i couldn't find one at the junkyard.
    hopefully i can find a radiator fan (at least the shroud, since that's all that broke) by then...

most likely will be up and running by monday, unless we run into some unexpected problems...
    i know my driver side struts are ****ed though... time to get some zx2s...
    justin
    Protege - 1993 - White - LX - AT - 170k miles
    installed--- Glass Sunroof, ZX2 S\R struts, Eibachs, custom intake, mp3 headunit, Enkei RS6 16" wheels

ouch man, I'm sorry
    NOW WITH SPINNER HUB CAPS

Comment

my lesson learned, if you don't feel well enough to drive well, don't drive.
      in my case it was vertigo and irritability...
      and a 90degree dusty offramp.
      from what the tow truck driver told me, all the cars he's taken off that same place were upside down on the other side of the road, so my g\f and i are lucky...

i'm seriously lucky and VERY thankful that i have a dad in the collision business...
      frame work and paint job, basically free, i do have to pay for use of the shop, and buy the parts, and of course, help.

it's kind of fun, resurrecting my car.
      driving this civic is really making me appreciate everything my protege has...
      like working air...
      and a stereo...
      Last edited by sixhex; 05-13-2004, 10:43 PM.
      justin
      installed--- Glass Sunroof, ZX2 S\R struts, Eibachs, custom intake, mp3 headunit, Enkei RS6 16" wheels

Comment

yea it's definately a great car and it's got a hell of motor. Please put her back together and get it ack on the road.
        NOW WITH SPINNER HUB CAPS

Comment

Wow, you ****ed it up... lol
          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

sorry to hear that sucks...At least you're getting it fixed for basically free. Glad you and the girl didn't get hurt.

Comment

Glad to hear you are ok bro.

Shoot, your dad has a body shop. Shoot I would have my cars a different color every damn 2 months lol.
              bruce
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Ouch! poor car. Glad you were ok and Im happy to see it getting fixed!
                2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Damn, looks like you twisted the frame abit. Worth fixing?

Comment

oh it's worth fixing... it's my protege man!
                    i almost bought a beamer 325is ('93, for $7k) last week... but keeping my protege means no loans to pay off ... and i couldn't just throw it away.

my dad doesn't own the shop, he's the head painter, and has been for 14 years... plus he was a bodyman for a long time too...
                    it was kind of a stretch for him to be able to do all this, so this just goes to show how much i like my car...
                    justin

Comment

damn. Glad to hear your ok. Sounds like time for a BPT front clip.......
                      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

this makes my car look like it only got a scratch...
                        damn... bad luck man... life goes on tho... get the pro back on the road as soon as possible...
                        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Wow, you are lucky man. Not only you are alive, but you also have good connections. I bet that if it was anyone else, the car would have been written off. Goodluck with fixing it up, and hope to see it on the road soon.
                          "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

mmmh, bpt... that would be nice...
                            someday maybe...

yesterday, we pretty much got it all back together...
                            headlights are a teeny bit crooked, and some other stuff isn't quite right yet, and sadly i did not drive it home yet.

we took the radiator out and the intake out, and all the body parts were already off... primed the hood and the new passenger fender... put everything on, did a lot of bending and fitting (aftermarket fenders = teh suck), found that the hood latch i had gotten, since it was from a 323 was not quite right (it works, but since the 323 grille is smaller, the secondary latch lever interferes with the 93 protege grille). and my front motor (or transmission maybe) mount is bent... i went to buy one, but they are $100(!!!) and nobody had one in immediate stock...

after everything had gone back in, and it was looking good, we went to pull it outside, and when we started it, white smoke came out the tailpipe, and it idled really low and jerky.
                            it's weird because it was fine when we pulled it in in the morning.
                            after pulling it out, then starting it and stopping it twice more, it wouldn't start anymore...
                            ...sigh...
                            my dad seems to think it's the AFM, and he might be right... but we hardly moved it or anything...
                            we checked all lines and everything was secure... it's odd...
                            hopefully will be figuring this out and driving my own car again within the week...
                            justin

Comment

Working...
                            X