new here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new here

I guess I should intro my self... Names Matt live in portland drive a 92 lx... Moved here w/ my wife... use to autocross my previous 91 lx w/ scca in utah... lost third gear... too much rear main leakage... sold it and bought a tits 92. Getting my coilovers, shortshift and bushings mon-tues... doing a bp swap in july... already have most turbo parts but no manny... hopefully I can get a motor w/ 1... any way I love my prot...
    sorry new to this posted in the completely wrong area...
    Last edited by 92_2_fast; 05-14-2004, 12:04 AM. Reason: posted in wrong area
    Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Welcome to the club Matt.
    2002 Blackmica P5
    CAI - MSP springs - Brembo cross-drilled rotors & KVR pads - Ground wires - Ignition wires - Silverstars - Eurolites - Pilot fogs - Toyo TPTs - Tint - Blue calipers & strut bar - Batsymbol in rear window

Comment

Welcome!
      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Hey hey, welcome.

Your free first time tip is "Unless you're doing it for the PITA factor, don't bother with BPT just get a turbo and a DOCH BP".
        Current Cars
        2003 Nissan 350z. Touring Edition, Pike's Peak White and dark tint. Some audio work. Twin turbo swap and more audio work over the winter. Wheels and springs this winter.

Past Mazdas
        1994 Mazda Protege DX. DOHC swap in progress. Sold due to a move
        1992 Mazda Protege DX. BPT (GT-X) swap w. Haltech & MSD. Sold before it saw the road
        1996 Ford Probe GT. Flawless. 5-speed. Kept stock. Sold for an LS1

Comment

Thats what im doing ^^^^^^

Holler at me if you got any questions
          BP-05 Turbo-Sold
          2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

I have the turbo and intercooloer but i haven't found a manny (for the right price). What is the power you get w/ the stock mototr bein turboed? I know that thew gtx motor is built better... would it be better to put the american head on the bpt block? I read somewhere that the bpt head was constructed a little diffrent.. What if I swapped the cams also?
            Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

i would say get the bpt the put and lx head on it the keept the gtx/r cams, then use you turbo goodies u have then u'd be set.
              i is dumb

Comment

Working...
              X