Spoiler or not ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler or not ?

I bought the OEM LED spoiler for my car a while back and since then I have been contemplating if I should put it on or not. I definately like the rear end of the car the most ( ) especially the edges where the spoiler will sit. What do you guys think? So far, I am leaning towards not putting it on but we'll see..........

Here are some pics:

WITHOUT SPOILER

WITH SPOILER

-------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

I like it, it follows the body lines nicely and adds a nice "sporty" touch. Btw, nice choice on the color.

Adam
    Harbor Blue 1991 Protege GTR
    Last edited by BoostedPro; 09-18-2003, 12:10 AM.
    1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
    MODS:
    GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
    TO DO LIST:
    EDM/JDM rear bumper
    EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
    Repaint car

Comment

Originally posted by BoostedPro
      I like it, it follows the body lines nicely and adds a nice "sporty" touch. Btw, nice choice on the color.

Adam
      Harbor Blue 1991 Protege GTR
      Don't you think it takes away from the 'clean' look? Look at the pics in my sig and image it with a spoiler.

Btw, If I end up putting it on, it'll definately get painted!
      Last edited by Identity_X; 09-18-2003, 12:22 AM.
      '91 LX

well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

it looks good. really there are some spoilers with an LED centerpost which look a little too blocky. the "V" centre post looks MINT!!

i like my "aero" spoiler. (see sig)
        When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
        Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
        Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
        So his engine he goosed
        With much too much boost,
        And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

I say go for it. I like the look of it, not to big, its just rite and gives the back end something. Personally I've always thought the back of our cars is rather bland and the center piece taillight just doesn't help any.
          I found one in a trunk at the junkyard last week. I didn't grab it but Im contemplating going back. It was missing the led though.
          2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

I say go fotr it also. It follows the lines of the car, its OEM, and it would not block half of your rear view.
            "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

i say you should deff go for it ., it will look good,,...

good luck

Comment

it looks hot, and ur getting the rest of the car painted graceful red right?

Comment

i love that harbor color.. looks nice, however, personally, i think your car would look AWESOME with a 92 rear tail light conversion (93 or 94 isn't much different, right?). and with the spoiler, it just adds something to look at. i mean, i have an LX.. but i have no sunroof... i have no spoiler, it blows. even wil had his sunroof put in aftermarket. i think ALL of the first gens should have come stock with the spoiler, stronger power windows, better power locks, sunroof, and oem rims.. but this is not a world of equals.. simply put. at anyrate, i'd say go for it and throw the spoiler on, might take a tricky method to mount and drill the holes with out fubaring something, but hey, it's worth a shot and will look REAL nice.. especially with them white rims
                  peace

Comment

oh yeah, and it looks like identity hit something or something hit him... where have i been? where'd you get the black scuff marks on your bumper from?
                    peace

Comment

Originally posted by demoninvictus
                      i love that harbor color.. looks nice, however, personally, i think your car would look AWESOME with a 92 rear tail light conversion (93 or 94 isn't much different, right?). and with the spoiler, it just adds something to look at. i mean, i have an LX.. but i have no sunroof... i have no spoiler, it blows. even wil had his sunroof put in aftermarket. i think ALL of the first gens should have come stock with the spoiler, stronger power windows, better power locks, sunroof, and oem rims.. but this is not a world of equals.. simply put. at anyrate, i'd say go for it and throw the spoiler on, might take a tricky method to mount and drill the holes with out fubaring something, but hey, it's worth a shot and will look REAL nice.. especially with them white rims
                      peace
                      Harbor Blue Metallic is a damn nice color, I agree. It looks like everyone voted for the spoiler to go on. I will probably end up putting it on and will take care of the scuffs marks on the back bumper while I am painting everything. Those marks have been on the bumper long before I got the car and it's about time I get rid of them. I have also thought about a tail light conversion and I might try it although I always liked the '90-'91 tail lights better. We'll see............. Thanks to everyone for their input and although it might take a while, I'll let you know when the spoiler is on!
                      Last edited by Identity_X; 09-21-2003, 12:57 AM.
                      '91 LX

Comment

the spoilers look good. i prefer the look for a protege with a spoiler. i say go for it. and the red on blue looks.... good...
                        When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                        Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                        Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                        So his engine he goosed
                        With much too much boost,
                        And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

hey protoss where did u get yours??
                          Tag Team

Comment

gor for it, i personally love the sporty look it gives the car and from a side veiw of the car it looks like the rear it lacking to meet up with the rest on the lines of the car, i look at my car for my 1hr lunch break, it dosent have an OEM spoiler but it would look sweet if it did
                            No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

Originally posted by Semtex
                              gor for it, i personally love the sporty look it gives the car and from a side veiw of the car it looks like the rear it lacking to meet up with the rest on the lines of the car, i look at my car for my 1hr lunch break, it dosent have an OEM spoiler but it would look sweet if it did
                              lol-i like stare at my car for hours...i have my dad drive it so that i can watch it drive by <3

Comment

Working...
                              X