lacking one thing....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lacking one thing....

...a 6th gear...god, anyone else's at around 3000rpm@5th gear is running at 60mph? there's no fix to this cause of the gear ratios but damn

the DA

yeah, well there is a fix, some people have used 5th outta the 626, it's a taller gear and it fits, but other than that. . .

Comment

oh really? hmm...how much of a difference for the ones that have done this?

time to do some research....thanks alot man

the DA

Comment

hmm...well i was looking at the "protege faq" website, u all should know which one haha, but it seems the g25m-r has the highest 5th gear ratio and final gear pretty high up there too...it says the 95 1.8 pro already has that tranny also...does that mean i'm **** outta luck...is that the tranny i want to find the 5th gear from?

the DA

Comment

what year and engine is your car?

I think my 5th is like 2.8k or something like that @ 60.. I forgot. I haven't driving the protege all week. I know that you can swap the 5th gear with one that is in a 2nd gen F, or a 1st gen F tranny. That would help your gas mileage out a bit.

Something to look into.
          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

a 95 1.8..bp-de if i remember correctly

yeah i just read ur how-to on swapping the 5th gear from the 626...gas mileage isn't really a problem cause this thing doesn't gussle like the nissan does, it's the gear ratios that bugs me, i'm use to goin 60 in 4th gear at 2700rpm haha...will the F trannies or the 626 tranny be better then the g25m-r in lower the rpm-wise? i haven't found anything on the 626 tranny's so i dunno bout their 5th and final gear ratios

the DA

Comment

The F box does have less aggressive gearing, but I'm not sure it's strong enough for the BP. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Bruce just meant taking 5th out of the F and swapping it. I'm not sure where to find the ratios for the 626 box, but I know for a fact there are people on this board who've put it in.

Comment

Working...
              X