Venom Chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venom Chip

they have a chip that is supposed to increase up to 25% HP between the 1000 - 5000 RPM Range. I am gonna try it out and let you know if I get any significant gains.

Originally posted by streetsoldier85
    I am gonna try it out and let you know if I get any significant gains.
    Please do so.

Comment

I think thats BS... chip adds power on turbo aspirated engines... you wont get 1% power increase...
      One day you are born,
      The next big milestone
      you discover go zoom-zoom
      you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

depends on what it does. . .

Comment

Its sure is worth trying, but like it was said above, this chip should be added to a modified car, and not bone stock. If you have an intake on your car, so maybe you will see a difference with this chip. Whatever the results are, please, let us know. Thank you.
          "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

What are your current mods, if any?

Comment

well, you'll have to bare with me. i only just got the car. before i get the chip i am going to put a cold air intake on the car and do a custom cat-back exhaust w/ magnaflow muffler. the possibly put 4-2-1 headers and high-flow cat. ( i dont know if i am going to get the chip before or after headers and cat) but as soon as i do i will get back to you. feel free to try the chip to if u already have mods and let us know.

Comment

If you're gonna do the cat-back, GET THE HI-FLOW, it's really not that much more for the parts, and the labor is being done anyways!

Comment

hmm..."This module is connected to the vehicle's sensors and increase engine performance by monitoring the sensors output characteristics and modifying the input to the existing vehicles computer"....sounds like it's one of those things that just changes the reading and dump more fuel into the car...i could be wrong tho

the DA

Comment

I've seen the description, it could work, but I don't have the money to try. . .

Comment

Isnt that one of those piggy-back systems that we used to talk about in the other forum? Everyone says that they dont work, but I have yet to hear of anyone who ACTUALLY OWNS one... So, I say go for it and tell us the results!!!

Jason
                      95 LX 1.5l
                      Alaskan blue mettalic paint (soon to be changed)
                      17 inch excel p5
                      5% tint all the way around
                      6 1/2 inch boston's
                      6x9 inch boston's
                      7 inch pioneer in-dash touchscreen dvd/tv/cd/mp3...etc(stolen)
                      two 12 inch JL w6's in custom box(stolen)
                      two 300/1 JL amps (stolen)
                      Pioneer 300/4 amp (stolen)
                      New custom interior (Countdown... TOMORROW!)
                      Some sort of drop (havent decided yet)
                      and much more!!!

Comment

If you are interested, www.essentialspeed.com has a complete bolt-on cat back for sale. Its made of 304 stainless steel, xray welded with mandrel bends, highflow cat and highflow resonator and a muffler. I have this system on my car and its GOURGEOUS! Im not sure of the actual price so send kevin an email at info@essentialspeed.com and be sure to tell him that KRIS FROM WOODSTOCK sent you (also tell him you want the single cat-back and not the dual)

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                        1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
                        Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

i have a 96 pro with the z5 and i had bought the chip about 6 months ago and what it does is change the reading on the iat sensor to get best performance out of your engine. the chip does make a big diferance, but to get the best out of it you should use 91 gas instead of 89. im very pleased with it so give it a try. also if your wondering how it installs, you just put it inline with the iat sensor.
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2351990

Comment

holy crap, you're in globe? how bout them suns lastnight? i'm going to game 7!whooo!
                            Almost there

jdm tails... check
                            jdm bumper... check
                            ms lip... check
                            ms grill... check
                            ms sideskirts... check
                            ms rear skirts... check
                            ms spoiler... check
                            ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
                            Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

wow, talk about bringing this thread back from the grave!

go SUNS!

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
                              Mods:
                              DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
                              http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Working...
                              X