Fuel Trim Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Trim Problem

My check engine light is on. My idle is nastily rough. I get sick hesitation in second gear. I just wanna know if it's a problem worth fixing with 130,000 miles on the engine. And, if so, where should I start?

Start by going to Autozone and have them read the check-engine light codes from the ECU.

Comment

The title of the thread caught my attention.
      If its a code P0170 "fuel trim malfunction bank 1", apparently the fix for this is a new intake manifold gasket.
      Ryan The middle child is always ignored
      BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

I think i have that problem with mine too. I also have nasty fuel leaks around the injectors that pop up every once in awhile....Not safe, not good.
        sigpic

Comment

AudioDub-
          Welcome to the P0170 Club....ive tried EVERYTHING to fix the prob from new injectors, to a PVC breather valve to even a new ECU. The only thing that I havent done, but am about to when i get time, is to replace the intake mani gasket. One of the Mazda Race teams said that is usually the problem

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
          1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
          Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

i dunno if this still in effect...i know ive answered one like this on the other forum i guess...but i had the same thing like that...k dawg knwos abt it....but when i look close to it..there was a sound of a leaking air...i found out its one of the sensor on top left part of the engine...just tat the beginning of the fuel rail...theres this sensor there that i accidentally hit and it came off...i just went and plug the hose back and reset the system and WALA>..its fix..even autozone people dont know whats wrong when i went there..

JDM inspired protege with super rare mazdaspeed parts.

Comment

Working...
            X